Black Metal of the Week: Shining - VI: Klagopsalme

I just got the new cd from Shining entitled "VI: Klagopsalmer". This has got to be one of the most beautiful black metal albums yet in 2009. It's like listening to the wind blowing through a hollow forest... just when you think everything is calm and peaceful a the sound picks up like a flash flood moving through the forest... the music is moving.

If you have heard Shining before you will know what to expect... it's mellow black metal with depressive undertones. This album has better production values than any of their older ones.

It is accessible enough that just about any metal head can listen to it. It's not my favorite Shining CD.. but maybe it will grow on me... if you like driving, slow tempo, black metal with tons of nuances check these guys out...

I have one Shinning album and I must say it's really good. I'll be sure to get that one. Thanks!

BTW, is this gonna be a weekly update? "Black Metal of the Week"
Would be really sweet!

maybe... I am trying to get keepitmetal going so I can do the updates there... it's basically gonna be a metal wiki with reviews, user reviews, forums, and personal profiles... you can display all your favorite bands on your profile...

just need help with the backend...

there has been so much amazing black metal coming out this year...

other stuff that everyone should like:

• Akroma - Sept (symphonic black metal) this cd is like 9.5 out of 10 for me... liking it better than Abigail Williams
  • Klabautamann has a new CD out... they are avant garde black or ambient black metal... really nice stuff...not too heavy, similar to Shining
  • Drudkh - Microcosms ... really nice black metal CD
  • Nachtreich - piano, strings... but still feels like black metal... really good album from germany
  • Foscor - Groans to the Guilty ... modern black metal
  • Rev 16:8 - Grand Tital Rave ... more modern black metal... these guys are 9.5/10 in my book too.

"VI: Klagopsalmer"Â

hmmm, 6 hymn's of complaints...