Black Friday Sales // Cyber Monday (2018)

Hey guys, I am creating this thread as a place to dump places where you see good online or in store Black Friday sales.

3 Likes

https://www.newegg.com/promotions/nepro/18-3230/index.html?Tpk=Black%20friday%202018#p=1

I am tempted to buy this

that does look tempting…
I wonder how the canadian sales will be this year, lets hope I find soem good ones.

1 Like

Do Canadians even have sales?

Everything that I find on Reddit that is related to sales is for the states.

1 Like

I checked canadian new egg on that M.2, if I converted its price to canadian its $153 CAD, but on canadian Newegg its $199 CAD… so we just get screwed over as usual.

1 Like

F

2 Likes

F%20INTENSIFIES
Honestly that should be illigal to charge literally 1/3 more than the original price…

2 Likes

it’s not charging extra, it’s canada’s taxes, and importing costs they have to cover. Which unfrotunately, they have to pass on to the consumer.

2 Likes

ill probably ask my US friend to buy them and send them over to me, avoid those prices.

1 Like

pinned until November 24th (11 days)

I’m curious how Amazon handles procurement. Isn’t Canada and the US in a bit of a trade spat right now?

Canada seems to have higher (sales) taxes than the US. Vancouver has a total tax of 12%. (does canada include tax in sales prices? US doesn’t, so that accounts for 1/3 of the markup, and the currency conversion makes up the other:

https://www.google.com/search?q=usd+to+cad&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab

Do people honestly forget about the exchanges?

Images of my checkout:

Image spam

Isnt canada and US always in some sort of trade spat lol? In canada I know there’s different taxes that apply to different provinces and Territories,

Canadian Taxes per Province/Territory

But on most sites I go to like amazon, theyll have taxes applied to items seperately, I’ve never bought from Newegg (as I usually buy locally for PC parts); but I just noticed theres no charge for the taxes… odd

Newegg M.2 Pricing on checkout

Nah, NAFTA was in place for a long time, and it wasn’t until the current countries respective heads of state started a pissing contest that things turned south.

RE: your image, you need to put in your post code so they can calculate your taxes. I’ve just whited mine out for opsec.

1 Like

OHH DEAR, yeah taxes now added here… good lord imma call my US friend to get it and ship it to me ffs
Woops, final price: $225.99 CAD - or $170.00 USD

2 Likes

Oh damn, that’s definitely not good. I remember hearing about UK including their sales taxes in the item price, so I just assumed Canada did the same.

So, that’s a markup of 46%. After taking into consideration exchange rates.

2 Likes

That pissing contest today I am pretty sure comes from America though.

and thats With a current %20 off sale too :skull:

I’m trying not to get into politics here. Probably shouldn’t have said anything, huh.

I’m sorry you live in a place without cheap technology. :frowning:

1 Like

USB-C to USB-A would make a nice peripheral, because most of my devices are only USB-A. The first USB-C device I got was the Nintendo Switch anyways. My phone is still micro-USB.

I am hoping for some deals on some server components or Hard Drives or even just an actual refurbished servers that go on Ebay for relatively cheap anyways such as this:

Now that would be one good holiday season for me.

USB-C Flash Drives would be quite handy, they would be so tiny though. USB-C accessory are becoming more common for sure, now my current laptop has a USB-C port so at least I can utilize it for USB-C devices without an adapter.

1 Like