Return to Level1Techs.com

Black Friday Sales // Cyber Monday (2018)

Amazon !!!Germany!!! has their Black Friday sales up.

For SSDs:

SATA:
Samsung 860 Evo
250GB 47€
500GB 70€
1TB 140€
2TB 305€

Crucial MX500
250GB 39€
500GB 69€
1TB 128€
2TB 281€

SanDisk Ultra 3D
1TB 137€
(the other capacities aren’t really good deals compared to Samsung and Crucial)

m.2:
Samsung 970 Evo
250GB 63€
500GB 100€
1TB 200€

Samsung 970 Pro
512GB 150€
1TB 300€

Crucial P1
500GB 97€
1TB 194€

Select preferred capacity.

Must resist the urge to buy a new ssd.

Are these new 1Tb+ SSDs any good? or are we going back to early days when they die in 6 months?

Hmm, seems like I am not finding some good refurbished servers on sale so I may hold off on that for sometime next year (possibly in June or later, not really an immediate concern for me tbh).

Meanwhile the prices of the RX 570 or RX 580 are just too cheap to resist. Especially when I am on a puny R7 360. I will just repurpose that GPU for the secondary machine I have. Seriously, I found some RX 570s on sale that are literally priced like the normal price of the far weaker RX 560. Which one should I get though it’s a hard choice:

• RX 570 4 GB (Cheapest option and allows me to put money elsewhere)
  • RX 570 8 GB (More video memory, might not be an immediate problem but you never know, I have a couple of games that at least exceed 3 GB of VRAM even at 1080p).
  • RX 580 8 GB (Slightly more powerful, not sure if it’s by enough to justify)

I could use a good suggestion on this right about now, it’s a tough call for me. I don’t want to miss this chance because that means I may have to wait until Navi to see comparable prices and Navi may or may not work well immediately under Linux.

RX 590 is not ready for Linux yet and even if it was I don’t want to run the risk of being burnt out from dealing with potential issues. I got burnt out with an R9 390 and Raven Ridge. I am not living on the edge since the RX 570 is fast. Vega 56 I don’t see good sales on and that’s beyond my budget and on Linux only performs 50% faster weirdly enough. Polaris 10/20 is the best option for me but choosing which Polaris 10/20 is tough.

I found 22" IPS Freesync monitor new for 65 Euros… Too bad I don’t have 65 Euros…

Bulgaria, non murcan deal…

It’s hard to make a general recommendation for you, without knowing the games you’re planning to play.

I would recommend the 580 if you can afford it. I’ve got one and it’s a wonderful piece of kit.

For 4x4/off-road types, CBI and Relentless fab are having black Friday sales, 10% and 15% on select items, respectively.

Only if you are concerned with Black Friday VPN deals then head to PureVPN or NordVPN.

Both of them have been giving over 80% Off. Especially, PureVPN 5-year Plan which saves $578 is a must-have look.

Note : PureVPN’s Black Friday Deal will end in 24-hours.

Get a Loan, or tell a friend to lend some money.

WHOOOP

Already asked a few…
Honestly I don’t mind all that much. It’s going to me my third monitor, so I can easily wait…

For our beloved GERMANS

Mindfactory Deals
https://www.mindfactory.de/DAMN/background/left_cyberweekend2018_birthday

ALTERNATE Deals

Do you have experience with alternate? I have never heard of them but I think I found something that I need.

their fine, usual their kinda pricey but if you find something you want and its not too expensive, you can order no problem. their are one of the biggest online retailer for pc parts in GER, no worries from my side.

i ordered there in the past, shipping is quick also (at least in the great nation of GER)

I have used dutch version of Alternate for all my PC needs, it’s great and has amazing fast delivery and very sharp prices. Every amazon / newegg etc deal that’s being listed here is still cheaper on Alternate without discount!

Only just now found an exception. Ive been wanting the 970 evo for a while now. Weeks before black friday it was 120 eur on alternate.nl. Today on alternate it’s on discount to 110 euros. Amazon.com all this time was 140 and finally on amazon.de it dropped to 100.

Thats the only time I could find an amazon deal that was cheaper than alternate (which were almost all without discount, only the 970 evo just now).

I never had to sent anything back to alternate (nothing ever broke) so idk how that process is.

Try looking at the 1920x threadripper prices. 450 dollars (395eur) on amazon.com. 354eur on amazon.de. and 349eur on alternate.nl. That difference is minimal but alternate delivers tomorrow if bought before 20:00 (always been true for me so far) and its free shipping after 50 euros i think.

Edit: after writing this. I am more inclined to stop looking for deals on amazon and stick with alternate. The constant comparing isnt worth the minimal difference and easy checkout and delivery of alternate (btw there is supply difference between the german and dutch version, might wanne check that out if sold out, idk if they cross deliver though)

Amazon Germany:

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum w/ MX Brown - 130€

MEDIAMARKT PC DEALS

https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/shop/red-friday-computer-zubehoer.html

i just bought a m.2 pcie ssd 250gb evo for 66€… fuck black friday sales…

That’s a damn good deal. The m.2 are more expensive than their 2.5" SATA equivalents.

actually, last years black friday sale Mediamarkt sold a 750GB Crucial M3 (not sure) for 130€, was sold out in couple of minutes.

so i guess, every black friday sale there is that one offer thats really good.