Black Friday Sales // Cyber Monday (2018)

I would be really tempted if it was for Red Dead 2.

2 Likes

Same.

1 Like

What trying looks like :kissing_heart:
https://www.google.fi/search?cr=countryAT|countryBE|countryBG|countryHR|countryCY|countryCZ|countryDK|countryEE|countryFI|countryFR|countryDE|countryGR|countryHU|countryIE|countryIT|countryLV|countryLT|countryLU|countryMT|countryNL|countryPL|countryPT|countryRO|countrySK|countrySI|countryES|countrySE|countryUK&q=-ebay+-amazon+-pinterest+-etsy

But you have to really try and use local comparison sites, and manually go through some sites, as otherwise you get something as random as Wallmart before your local stores

You Canadians use French right? Try that

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to snap up some of these deals, but I have to repair my bloody porch. Home ownership ainā€™t all itā€™s cracked up to be.

But just yesterday I saw a 1TB m.2 SSD for $139. Just SATA thoughā€¦

2 Likes

Damn, thatā€™s a pretty good deal, considering. And who honestly needs more than 6gbps? Iā€™ve barely noticed a difference in my NVMe vs SATA SSDs.

1 Like

Red and gold PS4 controllers are 39.99 at Walmart.

If you are a first time shopper at Walmart you can use this coupon code and get $10 off. The coupon can be used on anything. But item must be more then $35.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.doctorofcredit.com/walmart-10-off-35-with-promo-code-ellen10-new-customers-only-works-on-giftcards/amp/

PS4 controller Black is $29.99 at dell.com

1 Like

now im tempted to see if I can get that instead of the samsung 1tb SSD that costs almost the same

This is neat. Thanks dude

1 Like

For EU:

Western Digital My Book 8TB on Amazon Germany:

Was ~180ā‚¬ until yesterday, so itā€™s still a~35ā‚¬ discount.

5 Likes

Those have pretty solid drives inside. Good for NAS.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had one of these for about a year now. @SgtAwesomesauce is right about good drives inside them. Not noisy like some spinning disk externals, either.

Has anyone seen a good deal on a UPS? Have no idea what the VA is of the unit I have (ā€œstoleā€ it from work so probably not that great). Saw a nice deal on a 1500VA from CyberPower that was Pure Sinewave but alas its no longer valid. Main components would be computer(Ryzen 7 @ 3.9GHZ, 1080Ti), steering wheel, pedal, speakers.

Are you sure? I am kind of tempted to gut one.

The higher capacity ones seem to be WD Red, which are intended for use in a NAS. Just donā€™t write anything to it before you take it out of the enclosure (hardware encryption, although Iā€™ve read you have to enable it in the software).

And maybe have some Kapton tape ready, just to be sure (google ā€œhdd 3.3v issueā€).

1 Like

I bought 6. Gutted them, theyā€™re spinning in my R510 right now.

smartctl -a /dev/da7
smartctl 6.6 2017-11-05 r4594 [FreeBSD 11.2-STABLE amd64] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-17, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
Device Model:     WDC WD80EZAZ-11TDBA0
Serial Number:    --REDACTED--
LU WWN Device Id: 5 000cca 252d93e57
Firmware Version: 83.H0A83
User Capacity:    8,001,563,222,016 bytes [8.00 TB]
Sector Sizes:     512 bytes logical, 4096 bytes physical
Rotation Rate:    5400 rpm
Form Factor:      3.5 inches
Device is:        Not in smartctl database [for details use: -P showall]
ATA Version is:   ACS-2, ATA8-ACS T13/1699-D revision 4
SATA Version is:  SATA 3.2, 6.0 Gb/s (current: 6.0 Gb/s)
Local Time is:    Mon Nov 19 13:05:53 2018 PST
SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
SMART support is: Enabled

--SNIP--

This needs TLER enabled on boot, but the ones you get will probably have TLER enabled by default.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Any time.

Amazon Germany still has the 250GB and 500GB Crucial MX500 on sale for 39ā‚¬ and 69ā‚¬.

And a 64GB microSDXC from SanDisk for 10ā‚¬.

Any suggestions on where I can find some ā€œcheapā€ (relatively speaking) refurbished servers? I was looking around places such as Ebay and wondered if there were any better places.

I do not believe my local flea market (which is only open on Sunday anyways) has such a thing.

My requirement is that they have 3.5" HDD bays though and probably at least 8 CPU cores (2x4 or 2x6 CPU cores is allowed).

$399.99 for a reference blower style Vega64.

4 Likes