Black Flow - Custom Watercooling Build Log - 2013

Liquid Ultra is non-conductive right? 

Also I am seeing bad things about Liquid Ultra getting hard, I'm thinking about Tuniq TX-4 now.

Painted RAM Heatspreaders (:

I feel like the heatspreaders came out looking like shit. Thinking about just leaving the DIMMs naked since they have black PCBs.

Nice posts dude! Looking forward to the updates! Hopefully if/when AMD launches some new chips / motherboards in the fall I'll be moving to a custom loop myself. 

Thanks Beez! Finally someone else is looking at this lol. 

Anyway, I'm happy with how the NB/SB heatsinks came out. The SB heatsink needs a little touching up, nothing a Sharpie can't do. 

Loving the progress on this, the heat spreaders look fine in the picture, and the heat sinks are looking amazing with the paint, keep up the good work.

I repainted the heatspreaders and they look a lot better now. On to painting the PCIe slots (;

I'm too jealous of your system, I have an ASrock 760 board with a fx 6300, and a GT530 as a placeholder, sad thing is I could have afforded a 970 or 990fx board.

Just grab a new mobo and GPU and you would have a really nice balanced build. To be honest, my rig is kinda weak-sauce compared to the hardware you see most people doing custom projects with. 

Well I only have $100, so Im waiting for waiting for my birthday in september to get a hold of more money, and I want to wait to see if the amd 9000's series rumors are true. In addition to that I want to replace my mouse and keyboard($30 wireless crap) and grab an ssd.

But enough about me, you're system still has a lot of potential.

I just built a system like this. 770, Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 mobo, FX-8350.. The heatsinks on that board look damn ugly. Good job painting them. As for the ram, I quite like it. :) I was never really going to look into my case, so I don't care about what colour everything is.. My RAM has some crappy plastic heatspreaders. lele

Thanks Chozen, right now I am just waiting on my GPU, new TIM (had to get some non-conductive stuff) and a new thermal pad for my motherboard to be delivered. Will update then. Also which 770 did you get?

looks good, looking forward to more progress.

And the elusive anarekist is spotted on the forums! Haha, thanks man.

And finally, my 760 has been delivered! Only 5 days late...

I'm having a lot of fun with this card. Got it up to 1320MHz boost clock on the core just using the power slider, will see what I can manage with a little overvolting tommorrow :D

I like what your doing to your build, but me personally i wouldn't touch the motherboard heats sinks and pcie slots. How is the 760 doing in bf3? 

Have you got any shot of the motherboard with the new heatsinks on it aswell?

I'll take some pics tomorrow, I was just too eager to play today after not playing in a whole week. As far as BF3 goes, it's performing better than expected and I haven't even done any hardcore OCing yet. Playing on Ultra textures, HBAO off, Antialiasing Deferred on High, MSAA off, No motion blur, and the rest of the settings high I only dip below 60 on maps like Seine Crossing and Gulf of Oman (notoriously bad ones). It runs cooler than my MSI Twin Frozr did, and a hell of a lot quieter.

Hmm, so I'm thinking about a white case now. I've also had a change of plans with the CPU and motherboard situation. Z77 here I come.

What are you guys' favorite cases that come in white?

If you cant find one, there's always painting.