Biting more than a regular eel can chew. A blog

Some few updates:

Busy AF. Dunno why. Time Famine is getting real.

Ok so my Celestron Nexstar 6E Telescope has recently arrived and assembled but its cloudy rainy. Also I have to RTFM.


I still haven’t advanced progress in the GNSS time sync NTP server. I was too busy messing around with LLMs and now I am a bit obsessed how to increase the token generation but the unsloth DeepSeek-R1-Distill-Qwen-32B seems to be at the limit of usability at about 5 tokens/sec

Its on my gaming PC with Bazzite on it. No more games, but more LLMs. I wish to share this with the wife.

The highest I can run, though at a token per second is the DeepSeek-R1-Distill-LLaMa-70B. I am currently investigating on how to use this on a Ubuntu as what Wendell recommended on the post:


So where was I?

Yeah messing around with LLMs to help me build the GNSS time sync.

Now I dont have a gaming PC anymore…

I’ll probably need to game on my daily driver work laptop. At least it still has a laptop grade 3060 on it. Or maybe just game on the Steam Deck as Gaben intended.

4 Likes