BF4 CPU, or GPU holdback?

i would suggest new grafix card. maybe amd so you can take advantage of mantel later on. the 560 is two generations old :(, i have a 2x560's SC in sli and it could barely keep up.

well if multiplayer is unplayable but single player isent thats a pretty clear sign its CPU related. Though BF4 is horribly optimized as is so it might be playable for you once they iron some things out. For instance i have a i5 4670k which is a pretty high end CPU in terms of gaming. I get horrible CPU spikes when playing online which takes my 60 FPS down to the 40's.

What do you consider "way too low"? Everything suggest it is your CPU, however, i could play (open beta with 1st update) without problem even with recording on much slower CPU (actually, same CPU architecture, but at 3.6GHz locked), and slower GPU.

Just tried to load up another game of Multiplayer Battlefield 4 and it takes about 2-3 minutes to even load up the map. And i also was measuring the usage of my cpu and gpu whilst playing. My CPU was roughly 90% whereas my GPU was 55%

It is definitely your cpu that is the problem. An 8350 would help, but your best bet would be to go with an i5 or something.

The extra £100+ that I would have to spend really isnt worth it thought... is it?

It is same usage as on my CPU, but about 600MHz higher freq. It is the game, but faster CPU will help you quite a bit, as otehrs suggested.

Yer i think that my cpu is also holding my gpu back quite a bit

If you're CPU is under 90% load playing the game, you should probably just get a new CPU.  I would personally opt for the 3570k as it'll be a couple of bucks cheaper, but the savings will really come in with the motherboards.  They should be consistently cheaper for the features you get than z87 boards. 

And, with the 4670k not being that much faster than a 3570, why not?  That is, unless you want some of the extra features that go along with the z87 chipset.

Mobo suggestions:

Asus P8Z77-V Pro.  It's the motherboard I'm rocking and I don't have any complaints.  Pretty decent overclocking capabilities (my 3570k is being pushed to 4.4ghz with no issues), and a nice set of features.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131819

Pretty much all the asus z77 boards are pretty solid, and their z87 boards should fare just as well.  Then again, you could say I'm a bit of an Asus fan...

I already have a AM3+ motherboard, so ill probably be getting an 8350, it'll save £100+ and still get great performance, the money i save can also go towards a better gpu, so ill be upgrading my system as a whole instead of just the processor. Hopefully this option will give me alot more performance :) but thanks for your reply.

Ordered the 8350 and should be installed on Friday :)

I wouldent expect much atm. As of the last patch the performance is horrid. I now get big CPU spikes that bring my frames from 60 to 40-50 where as before the patch i could get 60 FPS at all time on ultra. Now i have to play on medium to avoid FPS drops below 60 due to the CPU spikes

Ok thanks for the heads up!

I think it is more how badly optimized Bf4 is, not the cpu. I run bf4 fine at 60+ fps average on medium with my Athon II X4 @3.4 Ghz and OC'd 7850. But then again I'm no professional.

I ordered the 8350 yesterday and received it today and it's all installed, im still having the issue but its more playable, and its helped alot of other games too :) hope they optimise it better in the future, then itll run perfectly :D

If you still having issues, it's probably your GPU this time. I have a stock 8320 and an HD 7950 boost, and I run bf4 on Ultra with the lowest fps around 40-45. Most places I get 60-85 fps.

I think I have one or two settings turned down though.

It cant be the gpu though because single player is fine, and it sorts itself out after a couple of minutes :/ also my gpu isnt maxing out, its reaching like 60% load

Odd :/.

So it isnt gpu... its probably just optimisation on Ea's end