Best Water cooler for getting an i5-3570K to 5GHz?

The title pretty much explains it. I have an i5-3570K and it currently has a stock cooler. I want to overclock it to 5GHz (possibly higher), and I'm looking around for a closed-loop watercooling kit (preferably 120mm x 120mm rather than 120mm x 240mm). I'm not the most knowledgeable about this kind of thing, so I thought I might ask around. What would be the best water cooler for an i5-3570K?

3570k to 5ghz? thats ambitious, i heard they're a bitch to cool.

Anyways, you should check out www.ekwb.com, its actually the one i have my eye on. They have full kits with the block, rad, fans, res, pump... basically all u need to do is the assembly... and its flexible for future additions if u wna include the gfx card in the same loop, or wut ever u may need. i havent tried them first hand tho, ive read alot about them, and most review seem positive. They have kits with different sizes so u can choose which ever is best for ur case/need.

i no its not a closed-loop, but trust me its not that hard to set up ur water loop, and with the temps that u might get with the 3570k might be worth in investing in a decent water loop.... plus i dunno about u, but i get a good kick out of it lol

You're not going to be able to find a closed loop kit that will bring a 3570K to 5Ghz. Getting an Ivy Bridge cpu clocked that high and stable is nearly impossible, and the only possible way you'll hit it or come close is if you use a custom water cooling loop.

If you want 5Ghz, you're going to have to go Sandy Bridge, and you'll probably still need a custom loop in order to cool it off adequately.

Vortex Knows his shit with Cooling, I'd listen

You're not going to be able to find a closed loop kit that will bring a 3570K to 5Ghz. Getting an Ivy Bridge cpu clocked that high and stable is nearly impossible, and the only possible way you'll hit it or come close is if you use a custom water cooling loop.

If you want 5Ghz, you're going to have to go Sandy Bridge, and you'll probably still need a custom loop in order to cool it off adequately.

In that case, what closed-loop would you recommend to get the most out of the 3570?

If you absolutely must have a closed loop system, the only one I would recommend is the Corsair H100.

I would get a Phanteks PH-TC14PE instead though. It's cheaper and will perform the same or better than the H100.

You could always get an XSPC Rasa kit though. The XSPC RS240 is around the same price as an H100, and it should perform at least 15 degrees cooler (as long as you're only cooling the cpu). It comes with all the parts, but you're still going to have to put it together yourself like a custom water cooling system though.

So if you have an H100 and a i5 3570k ivy bridge you can get clock speeds at 4.5 ish and not fry your cpu completely? the xspc rs240/ other packages it comes like 360 etc they look nice, but if that can keep the cpu 15 degrees cooler could that bring clock speeds potentially higher too? 

in other words it comes down to do you think 5 min installation of the h100 is better than the potentially hazardous outcome of a noob like myself installing a real water cooler? im interested because i think im getting an ivy and not sandy :'( fucking newegg and their tempting combo packages.

yes h100 is terrific i have a 3570k cooled with an h80(wanted h100 but didnt have space in my case) oc'd my ivybridge to 4.6 and its stable but i have a cold einviorment (on the beach in california) also keep in mind all this cpu power is usless inless u have a good mobo to support it as well as a good psu and good gpu

how would this mobo hold up

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131820

psu

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171048

gpu

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423

I think what ppl are missunderstanding is that even tho u cant clock ivy as high, in a head to head comparison it'll be a bit faster. for example 4.6 ivy, would run a bit faster than a 4.6 sandy. Well atleast thats what i've heard.

Vortex88 is right.

Hudson, u shouldn't be that scared of doing it urself, just b extra careful. there are tons of guides and manuals. Think about it this way, the main reason your building your own pc is to upgrade/customize at will(not to mention performance). with a custom loop you can do exactly that. you can replace parts at will, expand or even remove stuff. just my thoughts.

Depending on your area and room tempts its easy mine is clocked at 5ghz easly and im not pushing 80'c mid 70'c, i live in Tennessee and my gaming rigs in my basement so temps are really low atleast thats the way i have it. Im using a h80 closed loop on maax settings.Some say its impossible to overclock the cpu that high but just slowly build it up. ill post my forum post on oc.com and you can see the help i got to over clock my cpu (note im new to overclocking and got it this far)

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715422

If you skimp on any parts you will regret it in the long run, Get the best of the best or dont try at all. my honest opinion research everything like i am about the gpu im getting now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128559 - my mb

does theat motherboard work good with over clocking i lovedd the features, such as thunderbolt however I saw alot of DoA reviews, and ended up going with the asus rog v 

Not at all i flashed the bios to the newest version off the bat to make sure i wouldnt have any problems and its working like a dream 

Well keep in mind that not all CPUs are built equal. 3570K's getting to 5Ghz stable is usually only possible with a custom loop, and is usually really hard to do. Every once in a while you find a diamond in the rough that will overclock like a beast, and then on the other end you'll find some that will barely overclock at all.