Best video converter software?

What is the best video converter software besides handbrake? One that converts things quickly. Xillisoft is on my mind, but are there others?

1 Like

Avidmuxe gives you like full control over everything

but seriously, just use handbrake, it's way easier to use

selur's hybrid(free) and mediacoder(paid) both offer alot more then handbreak in terms of settings and codec support.

media coder has gpu accelerated codecs. but hybrid can create multi-audio and multi-subtitle MKVs.

I hate to see how hard the other programs are to use.

There is no one best video converter. Every thing has its strengths and weaknesses along with what they have licensed or not. What I personally use is MPEG Streamclip for most things and then go hunting for programs when I need a specialty solution for something else.

http://www.squared5.com/

I like ffmpeg. Fast, free and comes with fun little extras (not really).

Handbrake. No GPU or Quicksync support. And for good reason. Quality.

Windows:StaxRip (supports cuda), Linux: winff, osx: handbreak. All free w/o ads.

With my gtx 1060 and StaxRip i can convert a video to hevc in 15 minutes, vs using the cpu and waiting 3+ hours.

I generally set the bitrate at 5000.

1 Like

If you want to convert Videos, Photos, and Audios then the best software is Format Factory. I'm also using this software it's really great software I can convert any Videos, Photos, and Audios easily and the most important thing its free software.