Best Video Cards?

So now that I am able to build a new PC, I keep asking myself, what graphics card to pick, I then google search for "Best Graphics Cards" and I get this link 

[URL=http://www.techradar.com/us/news/computing-components/graphics-cards/14-best-graphics-cards-for-every-budget-654141/1#articleContent]14 best graphics cards for every budget[/URL]

So then I was asked myself, are these really the best graphics cards out there right now, So I then told myself where to ask if this is true or not, so then I decided to come here at tek syndicate.

So please help me out. Are these really the Best Graphics Cards?

Especially this goes out for both HD 7970s

When I saw this List I saw that the Sapphire HD 7970 GHz Edition Vapor-X was a good graphics card on the benchmarks.

Then I was Wondering which one is better either the Sapphire HD 7970 GHz Edition Vapor-X or the XFX Double D Radeon HD 7970 Black Edition 3GB

And then I also wanted to know if the NVIDIA EVGA GTX FTW 670 is better than the Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II

Same goes for the NVIDIA EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2 and the original EVGA GTX 680.

And Last question is that, how can I choose which graphics card is best for me, between NVIDIA and AMD. And what are the differences or at least which one is best for a Gaming PC. If you all want, I can post the build I'm planning to do.

So would you kindly help me out on making up my decision. I would greatly appreciate this.

GTX 480 completely destroys the 7850 and lower tier cards, due to it being 150 pounds in the UK.....

Price/Performance. (take note of it's downfalls)

Obviously no one should buy a new GPU without reading up on it, that is definitely what i recommend doing with any purchase.

It sort of depends on what you're doing and how much you're willing to pay. If you're only gaming and not doing any kind of video editing or whatnot, AMD seems to win at every price point right now, as that article concludes.

As far as the same GPU manufactured by, for example, EVGA and Asus, you'll have to look into some details. You want a balance between price, clock speeds (some models are factory overclocked), and cooling capability ("reference" coolers vs non-reference).

Price all depends on you. You get very roughly what you pay for. For example, some 7870 Ghz Editions are more expensive than the newer and faster 7870 XTs and so probably aren't worth the money, but any 7970 would kick the crap out of any 7870 XT, and so they're all more expensive, not counting ridiculous sales that happen sometimes.

When you find your price range, look at the different models available for the money. At 400 bucks, as an example, I found a couple 670s, a 580, and a couple 7970s on Newegg. So now you'd go find recent benchmarks of all those different cards, specifically looking for the games you like to play. From that bunch, I know that with some games, a 670 will be the fastest (I think Battlefield 3 and Batman: Arkham City are among them), but in most other games, a 7970 wins. A 580 is last-gen, and there are plenty of this-gen cards to choose from, so I'll ignore it.

With that narrowed down, you can look at the two different 7970s available at that price. One XFX Double D Black Edition, and one by Gigabyte. Look for reviews of each model. Since GPUs can easily be overclocked, the actual performance difference between those two cards wouldn't be much, because they have the same actual GPU in them, and factory overclocks usually don't differ by more than 5-10%. So, you're looking for cooling ability and fan noise. Also, any other weird little quirks people notice. For example, higher end MSI cards run their fans at full speed in reverse when the computer first turns on. It helps get rid of dust, but also makes a lot of noise for a while. If that noise would bother you, you don't want those cards.

For cooling, you're usually safe as long as you pick a card with more than one fan. I wouldn't recommend a card with a "reference" cooler (or "blower style"), which just has one fan that blows air through a heat sink and out the back of the computer. That said, HIS (at least) makes a decent non-reference cooler with a single fan. I think they're the IceQ models.

So if you've got two powerful, cool and quiet cards left to choose from, then I'd say look at clock speeds. In the example above, the "core" clocks on the two 7970s are identical (at 1 ghz), but the XFX Double D has an extra 100 mhz on the memory clock. Assuming the reviews for that model aren't too bad (remember every computer part will have some bad reviews by unlucky people and/or fanboys, just comes with the territory), I'd say go for the one with the higher clocks, the XFX in this case.

I wish I actually had that sort of money: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150586

Anywho, that's how I'd do it. Your results will vary depending on your price. It's all just my own opinion. Also, remember to have plenty of power supply. You want overkill when it comes to the power supply.

Thank you for giving me more detail on what kind of Video Card I should get.

But the reason I have that much money is because financial, taking advantage of it to build a better PC mostly a AMD kind of PC but yeah. Mostly because of that