Best Software For Controlling Fan Speeds & Monitoring Temps? Looking For Recommendations!

Alright people. About a week ago, I FINALLY managed to build my dream gaming pc & things have been pretty good so far. However, I have noticed that my Corsair LL120mm RGB fans to tend get only a little noisy when they ramp up. TBH, the noise is only minimal & doesn’t bother me all that much; only at times.

With that being said, I’ll give you guys a little info on my setup. My case has a total of 4 of Corsair’s LL120mm RGB fans. Only the rear fan is plugged into a fan header on my motherboard. The other 3 had to be plugged into a PWM Fan Splitter which was then plugged into a fan header in order to support the rest. For the lighting effects, all 4 fans are plugged into the included Corsair RGB Fan Hub & the Lighting Node Pro. Now, I thought I had heard that Corsair’s Link & iCue software don’t support fan control or something? Let me know if my facts are right on this! Anyway, I’m trying to find some software out there that can provide PWM fan control & hardware monitoring in case you’re concerned about temps. Would the NZXT Cam software be the right choice for my needs or should I go with something else? Do Let me know! And if you need any other details or have questions, just ask & I’ll be sure to get back with you!

Thanks to anyone who can help me out here! :slight_smile:

Pretty sure the iCUE thing supports fan control. Though I only used it briefly at which point it promptly destroyed the RGB effect on the RAM (also Corsair :unamused:).

As for Cam, I’m pretty sure that only works with NZXT Hardware, i.e. their NZXT RGB and Fan stuff.

For general purpose controlling, SpeedFan is probably still the way to go. Or you just do it via your UEFI settings, typically those are more the sufficient for most needs.