Best SLI "Cheap" Motherboard?!

Hey guys! I wanted to simply ask what is the best Motherboard from the $50-$150 price range for SLI'ing two Gtx 770's?
Some things i also would like from the board is the compatibility with RAM speeds of at least 2133 mhz! Thanks a ton! -Luke

What cpu

I5-4670k @ 4.2ghz

Msi g45 gaming?

I'm thinking Asus Z97-A, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3, MSI Z97-Gaming 3 Motherboard (or 5, I don't know US prices), ASRock Z97 Extreme4. Take your pick

meh the ASrock z97 extreme's are good, so are Asus z97-a

All these boards have terrible reviews, no offence but I would be worried buying one.

Does this motherboard support SLI? It says "or" for the PCie 3.0 x2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293

I think @r00tz31820 could back me up on this one, as well as @MisteryAngel

they are not terrible mother boards. (well i dont like the VRM design on the MSI boards, but that shouldnt matter when it comes to haswell) I'd personally go with the Asus Z97-A or the Extreme4 out of all of them. And yes, as far as I'm aware they do all support sli. i'm no novice when it comes to motherboards.

If you don't want to take my advise that's fine, I don't feel like breaking down why they are good bad and etc.. today

1 Like

Take a look at some of the asrock boards.. Jfing is right up there.. but Asrocks have rock solid delivery.. gigabytes okay too.. I think jfing has the soc force.. (no i dont think I know.. because i got him sold on it WHAHAHAHAHA).. but anywho yeah.. definitley agree with jfing here

Msi Z97 Gaming 3 doesnt support Sli.
Msi Z97 Gaming 5 does.

1 Like

That board does support sli, But that board does NOT support a 4690K.
Since its a Z77 socket 1155 motherboard which only supports Sandy or Ivybridge cpu´s, NOT Haswell.

Thats correct, the vreg design on Msi boards is less quality then on Asus boards for example.
However this doesnt realy matter wenn it comes to Z97 platform, because those Haswell MS cpu´s have a IVR so its a matter of silicon luck how far you can overclock.
Basicly any decent Z97 boards can reach about the same overclock, depending on the cpu.

Msi Z97 Gaming 5 would be a good choice.
Asus Z97-A
Asus Z97 AR
Gigabyte GA-G1 Sniper Z97

ASUS Z97-E, $100 after rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132287&cm_re=Asus_z97-_-13-132-287-_-Product