Hey what are the best sjyrim mods out there.. I havent done very much modding of skyrim.. Also id like to really pump up the textures and get better visuals.. any ideas?
You can watch Logan's Skyrim Mod list. Here's the link: https://teksyndicate.com/videos/logans-skyrim-mods-v2-enb-ini-settings-tweaks-everything
It's a bit old but should give you an idea what mods are really great for skyrim. Happy modding.
- Gets rid of the ridiculous console UI
- Immersive Armors & Immersive Weapons
- Adds some nice and fitting equipment
- Alternate start
- If you don't want to complete the same intro sequence every time you start a character
- Immersive HUD
- Hides some UI elements when they're not relevant, adds immersion
- Adds bags and pouches to increase your weight limit
- Harvest overhaul
- Loot more stuff from harvesting. I found this really useful since alchemy is slow as shit to level
- A perk overhaul
- aMidianBorn Book of Silence
- A large texture overhaul
Oh and this is awesome: http://www.rcrncommunity.com/download
Before you go into Skyrim modding, you have to get the base mods (mods which most mods will require)
SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender)
FNIS animations/generator (For any and all animation mods)
HDT extensions for any physics based mods.
(All of the previous can be found in Skyrim Nexus, google it)
Once you get those installed, you can pretty much go nuts.
Everyone has their own tastes in mods, so I'm gonna suggest categories to look in to find what suits you:
HD Texture mods, towns, landscapes, armor etc...
Start Looking here: