Best multi-player games on one computer

My sister asked me if I have any games we could play on my computer (I'm the only one in my family with a decent computer). A while ago we played Liero together, but that got old fast for her. So basically I need help finding games that can be played on one computer, hopefully platform, and co-op or competitive.

Worms, Little fighter 2, Heroes 3

I believe any of the Lego games have local co-op. 

Don't know if that's your thing though.

1 Like

the trials games do

She is a bit younger so she would probably not be into older games (with the exception of Liero). However I would still like it to be a little arcade like, so worms might be good... I'll keep looking though.

Might be a little beyond her age or wrong genre but with a little editing (check PCGamingWiki) you can make all Borderlands split screen coop.

In racing. I think Distance is split screen. Will have to check. It is a different kind of racing game.

Trine also has local co-op. You'll need some extra peripherals though. Their guide is more for controllers, but it should be helpful enough.

There are a ton of fun local multiplayer games out there on PC.

• BattleBlock Theater
  • Castle Crashers
  • Beat Hazard
  • Audiosurf 1 and 2
  • Trine 1 and 2
  • Risk of Rain
  • Hammerwatch
  • Megabyte Punch
  • Lethal League
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch
  • Speedrunners
  • Screencheat
  • Portal 2
  • Guacamelee
  • Crypt of the NecroDancer
  • Monaco
  • Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
  • Capsized
  • Crimzon Clover: World Ignition
  • Jamestown

Some more to consider are Ibb and Obb, Starwhal, Nidhogg, Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe, and Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, but I personally have not played these yet with someone else.

And you could always try to split the controls up for games like like Surgeon Simulator or add multiplayer mods for games if possible, like for Minecraft or Strike Suit Zero or something, (I have no experience with the Strike Suit Zero mod).

2 Likes

There's tons.  Anything turn based would work.  Civ, Worms, Scorched Earth, Endless Space, Risk etc.  There's also standard local co-op games like Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Awesomenauts, Towerfall, Legend of Dungeon, Spelunky...  Plenty to choose from.  Here, this might help you:

http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Local%20Co-Op/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

I know this isn't probably what your looking for since it doesn't have to much capabilities other then 1 or 2 person keyboard but Liero is a really fun oldies version on a real time Worms game.

Necro much?

OP mentioned Liero was the game they played originally, makes bringing back such an old thread that much better lol

1 Like

LOL! This was so old I gave advise to myself! I guess I should check names more. Too funny.

Sonic & All Stars Racing is my go to! So much fun!
Brawlhalla is also super fun
Mercenary Kings
Rayman Origins
Spelunky

^Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssss! Super difficult though as you get further!

Another option is to play certain games by taking turns. Games that work well IMO:
Race the Sun
OlliOlli

2 Likes

Oh and anything on a NES or SNES emulator.

Battetoads, Sunset Riders, Super Mario World all come to mind.

1 Like

Whatever you can emulate

2 Likes

Here are few competative co-op game like Survarium, The Wonderful 101, Nintendo Land, Cubixx HD, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Hollywood Squares, New Super Luigi U etc.

Any emulator comes to mind. Also Beam.NG Drive has demolition derby scenarios that are pretty fun with a few people.

Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime - 9/10.
My GF and I like playing this.

Rocket League - 8/10.
A little lost in translation to MP.

BroForce -7/10.
Really fun simple retro action.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - 6/10.
A lot of people enjoy this. Not me.

Sports Head: Voleyball