Best multi licence backup software

Hi everybody,

I work at an IT-support store. We mainly do IT support for small businesses like doctor offices and private customers.

We usually make a backup to an external drive from every private customers pc before we work on it. Currently, we are using Veeam free version for this. It works fine. But we also install Veeam if customers wish to do their daily/weekly backups at home. This leads to the problem that we can’t use it, as the free version of Veeam only lets you create one backup job.

Now my question:
Is there a better backup software that can have a license fee but can do multiple jobs on every client we get? Veeam works perfect for us if you could do multiple jobs. We need the features of making a backup by plugging in USB hard drive for our customers.

Thanks for your time and knowledge

I love Macrium Reflect for my Windows machines:

Just wish I could find something like this for Linux.

1 Like

The only software I can think of off the top of my head is Acronis but for the type of work you are doing I think you need something more robust. You can check out TWIT channel they deal and talk about allot of IT issues.

When you say “best,” the only two things that come to mind are NetBackup and Commvault. But those are enterprise software from what I know.

I would say that you should just use BackupPC or Bacula and if you need users to backup from their home, just have a VPN in place. Out of all these software, I only used BackupPC and it was good enough for what it needed to do.

I have Macrium and EaseUS. Both have a permanent license option. I purchased a workstation license for Macrium and built a PE .iso that I added to my Easy2Boot thumb drive (You REALLY need to look into E2B if you do any amount of OS install or imaging). This allows me to create an image without having to install software on the client computer.

Just pay for Veeam?