Best laptop UNDER $300?

aha, thanks for your suggestions.

what do you think of Acer Aspire E15, which I have seen on this website https://pc4u.org/best-cheap-laptop-under-300-dollars-for-gaming-and-office, maybe it’s a good chioce.

1 Like

Most laptops under 300 suck. If it were under 500 you would be doing much better.

1 Like

Yeah dude stay the hell away from HP Pavilion please, those things run hotter than an oven and built like a toy, have a 60 Minute battery life (if that) and are LOUD. Terrible.

It is so bad that it makes me a bit scared of the Envy x360 I ordered, if I find that the HP Envy x360 with the R5 2500U is running extremely hot, built poorly, loud (and I mean LOUD) and terrible battery life, then I am shoving that laptop back in HP’s throats and taking my money back.

If I had to suggest, either an Acer Aspire E15/Thinkpad Carbon X1 if they can be found cheap ($350 or less) or you can look into refurbished/used laptops. Seems like the specs you want though that it is a bit tall of an order for $300 laptop although refurbished/used might have something.

A thinkpad.

Dell Latitude E7440. I love mine, and they are cheap now.

1 Like

This guy right here gets it.

http://boards.4chan.org/g/thread/63682693

All you need.

Thinkpad 4 lief
I recommend the T520 or X220 with an HDMI > Displayport adapter

Particularly this:

Recommended modern models:
X220 - 12", 768p, cheap and light
T420 - 14", 900p, widely available, socketed CPU, Ivy Bridge installable w/ Coreboot
W520 - 15", 1080p, Desktop Replacement, 32GB RAM on quadcore models, USB 3.0
T440p, T540p, W540 - last ThinkPads to have replaceable CPUs, IPS displays available, chiclet
P series - reminiscent to old build quality, top-of-the-line specs, better than most current mobile workstations, but very expensive

1 Like

No wonder why everyone falls in love with Thinkpads.

Thinkpads or Dell Latitudes. Sandy Bridge dual-core or better. You can get X220s for $100-200, no problem.

Last year I nailed this deal at amazon
Screenshot (278)
in 12 months it has handled every game thrown at it.
Later I spotted a A9 for around $270 but hesitated, so I eneded up getting an A10 for under 300 from ASUS because A-9 deal disappeared so quickly.

Buying a good 300 dollar laptop is more about waiting for a good deal and acting quickly then picking the hardware.
Allot depends on what is “light gaming” for my wife it means “famville” so the A9(bristol ridge) would have been perfect but she loves the A10(kavari) and will never fully use the full gaming capabilities.
For my dau “light gaming” means "eve online, blade and soul and pubg"

Actually tests games on APU’s.

3 Likes

Comparing an Acer to a ThinkPad is laughable.
I didn’t even click the link. Yeah, I’m that cocksure.

1 Like

Zumps nailed it a 2nd hand or ex company laptop if the best thing to hunt for.

Only thing is he’ll need a mini-DP to HDMI adaptor. Luckily any cheap one will do, like this one.

1 Like

International brand - dell , I am a gamer, and I think dell has a lot of lead in operating performance and equipment security.But for your other requirements, upgrade to Windows 10 ? You can get the clerk to upgrade your computer for free when you buy the computer, which is safe , I do not recommend myself to upgrade manually, If it fails, maybe the computer will crash, because my computer operation knowledge is limited, I have not succeeded, but don’t be afraid that there are many methods on Google

Whatever you get don’t use the OEM Windows image. Just recently got a Dell laptop and was at a constant 50% Ram and CPU usage from bloatware. Apparently that’s normal now.

Would some version of the good-ole Decrapifier (https://www.pcdecrapifier.com/) and the suggestions from this post (Decrapify Windows 10 (2016 edition)) not be sufficient?

Suggesting not to use the Windows image is a bit misleading as to what the performance problem actually is, no?

1 Like

The problem is exactly what I said in my post. The bloatware manufacturers add to the windows image. Just use the key already in it and reinstall stock windows. Why go through the trouble of fixing a shifty bloated version of Windows? It shouldn’t have anything added to begin with.

I would say the answer is that there isn’t one. But my opinions are rarely popular.

1 Like

This Thread was brought back a few times by spam accounts. To prevent this from happening again. This thread is locked.