Best headphones for Classical music?

I need new pair of headphones, audiophile grade. I listen to a lot of Classical music, so I need a pair that complements that style of music well. I want over the ear, with minimal sound leakage and noise canceling. Comfort is also a must. I honestly have no idea where to start. Can anyone give me any suggestions. I have a budget of around $150-$180.

These will be my first pair of high-end headphones, quality is important, but not as important and the sound canceling/leakage and comfort issues. Thanks in advance guys.

Well, I'd highly recommend open-air headphones, but that puts wrench the sound leakage issue; sound will leak... a lot. Open air headphones are known to give a more natural sound, which complements any acoustic music, including classical.

Personally I own a pair of Sennheiser HD 558 through an Fiio E10 amp/DAC and it's great. I don't really listen to classical, but the few songs I have heard are absolutely amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HWJT1A/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002HWJT1A&linkCode=as2&tag=bufafa03-20

This one should have not alot of leakage, personally I would suggest you get a pair of Sennheiser HD 598, its perfect in every category exept sound leakage.

Yeah, I wish that open-air was an option for me, but I often listen to music on public transport, or in class. Tons of sound leakage isn't an option. When I can afford it, I will get another pair. I might get those Sennheisers. Thanks.

I was actually leaning toward getting those. I will probably go ahead and get them. Thanks.

Don't count out the Beyerdynamic DT-880 250Ohm.