Best Headphones For $200

What dac/amp do you guys recommend for dt 990 pro 250ohm?

I have Plantronics 500 eSports edition they have a great mic that can be detached and replaced if needed and it comes with two sets of ear phones one closed back and one vented it can also be taken apart easily for storage and cost around £80 ($100)

I want to echo others' recommendation for the Beyerdynamic DT 770s. If you want some the of the best closed back headphones for around $200, look no further, especially if you want more bass. I wouldn't recommend the 250 ohm version for mobile use - look at the 32 or 80 ohm version instead.

There's a number of inexpensive amp or amp/DAC combos out there. I use the Fiio E10K, a great little USB powered amp/DAC combo, which is roughly $120 CAD. It even has a "bass-boost" switch which people seem to like, although I don't use it.

I recently bought the Phillips SHP9500's and they are amazing. I was like you and was using Sennheiser HD598's but wanted a little bit more in the bass region and these fit that perfectly. Best thing is it's only $80. If you want shake your head kind of bass, then these won't work. I suggest the Audio-Technica M40x's. Those are more bass heavy.

Hi, All I just wanted to thank you again for all of your help I really appreciate it. I ended up purchasing the Talos mod of the Fostex T50RP MKIII and a Monoprice Desktop DAC/Amp. Would any of you be interested if I was to do a written review of the Talos? Anyways let me know what you think, happy holidays!