Best graphics card for the money

Also, this link:

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html

Which puts the RX 470 before all else.

1 Like

Go for NVidia GTX 1080, its worth it

1 Like

2 Likes

Timing I guess. Mid range good 1080p pricing from Hardware unboxed today.

3 Likes

Well the current issues is that it hard crashes on destiny 2 and i have been having freezing issues with no mans sky

looking around 400

1 Like

I have used both gforce and radeon and the software alone on the gforce moves me in that direction

at that price point 1070 or vega 56.

When OCd the 56 is miles ahead of a 1070, you can oc the 1070 too and probably compete but to REALLY OC one you need to shunt mod it to bypass power restrictions.

1 Like

ocing is great but i am looking for something i dont have to.

nuff said

actually this would be better, for not much more

almost 1080 performance

2 Likes

the evga is actually cheaper after the rebate liking the looks of it

If you’re going NVidia I always recommend going EVGA. Their customer support is above and beyond the best in the industry.

2 Likes

Depends on the CPU or APU
Sticking a 1080 in my 7850K would be a bad idea

3 Likes

Sticking 1060 will start choking it…

1 Like

Depends on:

• Budget.
  • Games you play and how you play them for example at what resolution you aim to play at…
  • And the rest of your system specs.

If you’re planning a manual overclock, 1070 Ti.

If you’re planning no overclocks, RX 590 isn’t that bad… just wait for more AIB models with improved cooling design, and for the MSRP to come down. The Fatboy has a stainless steel VRAM plate, which is a TERRIBLE conductor of heat.

the powercolor 590 devil something card is cooler by 20+ 'C than 590 from xfx fatboy. (and have higher clocks)

Buildzoid actually chimed in in the comments and noted that the thermal pads are still worse than the steel.

Should adjust that chart for the lower prices of the vega cards… that you can get right now.

3 Likes

Agreed. Vega 56 is less than 400,- Euro in Germany right now.

1 Like