Best Gpu For triple monitors gaming? PLEASE HELP!

i am upgrading my Pc and i want to game with 3 monitors. i was wondering what gpu will be the best for this. my cpu is amd phenom ii x4 965. 3.6 ghz. my current computer specs are on my profile. i wouldnt want to spend more the 300$ on this single gpu. my mobo doesnt support 2 gpu so it must be a single gpu. thanks in advanced -kevin  

P.S. to avoid bottle necking i wil also take suggestions for a new cpu. am3/am3+ socket. thanks

That's easy...

Radeon HD 7950 3GB. I would have said a 7970 but that's over the $300 mark.

AMDs EyeInfitity is superior and more refined than nVIDIAs implementation. On top of that the 3GB of VRAM is ample enough to drive 3 monitors (assuming they're 1080p screens and not 1440p or 1600p).

As for a bottleneck, yes your CPU may have presented a bit of a bottleneck if you were gaming on a single panel (1920x1080) but seeing as you'll be driving three panels your GPU will likely be the bottleneck under most conditions.

My 2 cents.

so to avoid bottleneckingwhat is the best gpu over 300 dollars and should i upgrade my cpu? is the amd fx 8350 good for gaming and what would be a good gpu for that cpu? thanks a million -kevin

The best Single GPU would be the nVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan ($1000 USD)

The best Graphics cards for multi monitor gaming are cards in Crossfire/SLI (7950, 7970) or paired in Crossfire/SLI on a single PCB (7990, GTX 690).

All of those, cept the 7950, are most definitely over $300. As for a gaming CPU to drive multiple cards in Crossfire/SLI... definitely something from Intel in that case. In fact I tend to recommend the X79 platform (Core i7-3820) for Multi GPU gaming though you could get by with a Z77 platform sporting a Core i5-3570K. The reason I tend to recommend the X79 is due to the fact that the chip contains more PCIe lanes.

I'm sure you could get by with an AMD FX-8350 (overclocked) for Multi GPU gaming but they tend to hit a wall (bottleneck) rather quick so you wouldn't get your full performance.

In your case I'd keep it simple and simply get a single Radeon HD 7950 3GB: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/xfx_sapphire_hd7950_3gb/14.htm

@elmolsevil - Dual 660ti's also does a fair job, for eyefinity gaming

immpossibru. eyefinity is AMD-only. nvidia surround is crap.

7970 is the best single card. 7950 if you have a $300 budget. both have 3gb of vram

Ignore ElmolsEvil... Nvidia Titan costs alot more than 7950 or 7970. Just go with AMD, Eyefinity kicks Nvidia's equilavent and you wont be using 3D Vision. AMD is way to go for multi monitor gaming :)

Ignore metalwarrioroften because he can't read.

[quote]That's easy...Radeon HD 7950 3GB. I would have said a 7970 but that's over the $300 mark.AMDs EyeInfitity is superior and more refined than nVIDIAs implementation. On top of that the 3GB of VRAM is ample enough to drive 3 monitors (assuming they're 1080p screens and not 1440p or 1600p).As for a bottleneck, yes your CPU may have presented a bit of a bottleneck if you were gaming on a single panel (1920x1080) but seeing as you'll be driving three panels your GPU will likely be the bottleneck under most conditions.My 2 cents.[/quote]

[quote]In your case I'd keep it simple and simply get a single Radeon HD 7950 3GB: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/xfx_sapphire_hd7950_3gb/14.htm[/quote]

HD7970 with 3 of these....*I think I just peed a lil*   http://www.overlordcomputer.com/overlord_tempest_X270SE_display_p/ot_x270se_a.htm

that would need at least the 6 gig version, probably crossfire...

I agree. The resolution is huge. a 2 gig card wouldnt hold up. No matter what card is used unless its a Titan or the ARES, its prolly gonna shit out.

Since you reply to these kinds of question so often, can I assume you're an expert and have experience in surround/eyefinity?

the 7970 and 7950 are both 3 gig cards. however, a 7970 cfx, or 6 gig 7970 ghz may work fine.

are you? do you?

I think this thread should've started and ended at 7950. The CPU is fine, at least for a while longer, especially when overclocked. If you find that the CPU is holding you back, which I doubt it will except in a few select games, upgrade to Steamroller CPU when that comes out.

for triple monitors (eyefinity)? you NEED a 7970 for that.

Only of you insist on maxing out every single detail. God forbid you have to play at high settings instead of ultra *GASP*

http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/graphics/19795-sapphire-hd-7870-flex-edition-review?showall=&start=8

When did I ever claim to? I'm just simply pointing out that you have little if any experience in this subject, and yet you are so eager to answer peoples questions.

you know, I do have eyes. I pick up things that other members reccomend. maybe you should find a hobby that doesn't involve being a dick to people.

well, typically, people ask for hardware that can give them the best quality, within a budget. if he asks for the best, I assume he wants to max stuff out. 7950 isn't bad, if you don't mind urning down the quality on eyefinity.