Best CPU temperature test?

Ahh that makes a lot of sense. I thought 3.8 was the all core turbo, with 3.9 being the single core turbo from xfr. I might actually overclock the cpu then, since the cpu cooler being pretty quiet (praise noctua!) and the cpu only running at 67° in prime 95 should still give a fair bit of headroom

Yeah no worries it is a little confusing for sure.

But yeah with a Noctua cooler and your motherboard overclocking shouldn’t be a problem. 3.8-3.9 all core should be fairly easy. You may even be able to get to 4.0Ghz all core depending on your chip.

1.4V is a pretty good limit that AMD recommends to avoid degrading your chip. 1.35V is prob what I’d stop at. Though even on stock voltage you may be able to get a decent bump

Not true in my case. Performance mode locks my CPU at turbo clock and XFR takes it higher. It never, ever, dropped below turbo clock no matter what the PC was being used for.

What BS are you spreading here? AMD boards DO have multicore enhancement for X370 and TR4.

Which motherboards? I have never seen one with it

Legitimately curious here.

Not saying I don’t believe you I have just never seen it before. Checked through a few motherboard manuals right now with no mention of it

Mine doesn’t mention it either…

MSI, Gigabyte and Asus. Not sure of ASRock.

Asus Zenith Extreme, DOCP setting is dead giveaway that it is an AMD motherboard. Asus calls it 'Core Performance Boost", others call it something else.

core_enhancement_asus_rog_zenith

I wanted to find out what was causing my CPU voltage to spike up to 1.5V. That was the culprit. It increased voltages and they were varying all over the place. I recommend all who have a Asus AMD board disable that, it is Auto by default.

3.8 is a good clock. 3.9 easily achievable for most, but for daily driver 3.8 would be sweet spot. YMMV.

Alright, so apperently core performance boost is in fact enabled by default, on my board, but obviously it’s not doing me any good.

It seems like Core Performance Boost is also making my voltage spike, as when I’m in idle, it sometimes goes up to 1.43 or in rare cases up to 1.47. Ofc I’ll have to turn it of to verify this. Also I still haven’t found load line calibration in the settings, so I’ll have to keep looking

Update: Disabling Core Performance Boost decreased my temps and my voltages, although, I’m not sure if I didn’t misread the voltage before, as 1.47 seems a bit high

Edit: I did not misread the voltage, it was actually this high. I also found LLC in the uefi, but for some reason, none of the voltage settings can actually be edited.

The core boost will do this. Mine spiked to 1.5.

That is due to an ‘Auto’ setting. You will have to take manual control.

Here is a basic, I will look for a better one. I cannot speak specifically to Gigabyte settings.