Best CPU Cooler

What is the best CPU cooler out there. I've been looking into buying one and I'm really leaning toward the Xigmatek Dark Knight Cooler that Logan reviewed. Suggestions?

Best cooler corsair H110 but best not crazy expensive cooler out there the Xigmatek Dark Knight is a good option 

The second I saw to Dark Night I wished that I would have put on white boxers in the morning, it is soo sweet...

Well, the best cooler would be a high-grade custom water cooled system. However, at about a minimum of $300 for a moderate cooler, but $550 for a good, complete GPU + CPU loop. However, reasonably, you have a few options; for air cooling, the Phanteks PH-TC14PE. I love mine; it keeps my i7 3770k @ 4.6gHz at 29 degrees idle! However, for a CLC (Closed Loop Cooler), the Kraken X40 or X60 (which is the better one). It is very good, but is not expandable to include other radiators or water blocks, etc. Instead of the Kraken X60, you should get a Swiftech H220 if you want the best cooling and expansion possibilities. The H220 is open to expansion for additional pumps, reservoirs, radiators, and water blocks. I.E., if you get the H220, you could buy a waterblock for your graphics card and include it in the loop. The H220 is just as expensive as the H220, but it offers more expansion. However, if you want air cooling, go for the PH-TC14PE.

I'm definitely not gonna do a custom water cooled system, imagine a first time builder trying to do it haha. The Phantek looks really nice but I don't know if it fits in with the case I chose and the RAM. I'll definitely keep the suggestion in mind since I've seen people get less than 50 degrees celcius under load with Prime 95! A good amount lower than the stock Intel cooler at idle! 

The absolute best cooker on the market right now is the NZXT Kraken X60.

It's a bit ironic that you typed cooker...

Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo?

Because cooling is too mainstream.

best is either a Phanteks TC-14PE or the Noctua NH-D14 and also the Silverstone Heligon HE01

Other good coolers the come close are that Zalman CNPS-9900 Max,Cooler Master TPC-812, Xigmatek Dark Knight and the NZXT Havik 140

as far as closed loop go if i went that route id either get a Swiftech H220 or a X60/H110

*Puts on black gloves*

I might just have to kill you...

OJ?

I checked the Phantek, D14, and Xigmatek product descriptions and the Dark Knight had the highest CFM. But of course more surface area means better cooling usually so I don't know how much CFM matters.

I just bought the Xigmatek. If I get my PC together before you purchase a cooler I'll let you know how it goes. Although it won't be until next weekend-ish.

Foxy, The CFM in the specs refers to the included fans, has nothing to do with the heatsink itself.

well for what its worth a NH-D14 can keep a 3770k at 80-90c at stock with no fans and just the case fans moving air, and im sure the phanteks is as good if not better.

I was about to cry until I saw you say with no fans. The Phantek is bigger heatsink so it must be better at dissapating heat yet the D14 is supposed to be half as quiet. 

I was forgetting that the heatsinks were different size and was just looking at the fans lol, brain poot.

Phase change coolers are hands down the best cpu coolers you can buy for all in one solutions.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7324/ex-vap-16/Cooler_Express_2013_Design_Super_Dual_Evaporators_CPU_Cooling_Unit_w_Upgraded_Socket_Kits_-_Sockets_AM2_AM3_LGA_1156_LGA_1366_LGA_2011_CE-48-D-2C.html?tl=g49

Just not exactly approriate for anything other than benching due to condensation

Well the Phanteks would probably be just as quiet to your ears id suspect since the larger surface area means lower fan speed, but id say get either or if you going to go air cooled, both will be quiet and will beat most 120mm Closed loop coolers.