Best CPU cooler for £60 ($85)? *CPU melting noises*

Look at the Raijintek Triton, it's a really affordable AiO water cooler.

On scan.co.uk you can get a refurb h100 for like 60 quid!

Questionable build quality and water cooling aren't really things I'd want to mix.

I would recomend the Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3.
Its about £5 over budget.. but its one of the best air coolers I've ever owned, and incredibly quiet.

I had the Scythe and i didn't much care for it, rather noisy coil whine, but then again I do have a very open mesh case so can hear every little sound.

Please can we refrain from doing dual-currency posts.

If you post two currencies then you will get dozens of links to sites that do not apply to you / you can't buy from / will end up being more expensive.

I've stated I'm in the UK. The USD is only there to give people a rough idea at what mark it's at - if they gave a us site it wouldn't be much of a problem anyway. Its not that much effort to search a couple words in like the three main UK tech sites I'd buy from and then maybe Google.

Problem is VAT and price inflation. Some of the products they may suggest might not even be available in the UK.

If I couldn't be bothered to do this myself I would have presented the question differently.

Its not like I'm going to go off and buy something solely from the reccomendation of a forum post. I research into these things myself too anyway. I ask here to see if anything has slipped under the radar, and for reccomendations or horror stories. I wouldn't have spotted the cryorig or scythe if I hadn't asked here.

This is getting a tad off topic...

If I were you I would go for the Phanteks unless you can find an R1 Ultimate.

CPU Cooler: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14pebk

Already had a look at it, the cryorig universal is better.
Source:

I've found the r1 universal at Amazon for £65.

being the master of ms paint that i am
im sure no one will be able to tell what was the screenshot and what ive added.
ive made sure to leave no pixels untouched
i was trained by the best military snipers in the art of mspaint warfair

1.504v
50 multiplier
cold room in washington 3am or something windows open,
nhd14 cooler
if you do that type of work , just make sure you have the proper equipment

If I don't have a gigabyte mobo do I still need to shrink people?

That would require extremely tiny atoms. Have you priced those lately? I'm not made of money, Leave me alone!
Professor Farnsworth, Futurama, Parasites Lost

Oh yeah, and the digger too? Do I need that as well?

What were the load temps like?

load temps on my current rig on the cpu side have never gone above i think 41c ?

modded skyrim @ dsr 4K like 35c gpu temp
ive left the pc on all nite torrenting the new ghost in the shell

and the cpu reports a temp of 23c at this low idle workload (but it is overclocked to 4200mhz)
and the gpu is sitting pretty at 25c (reporting 2% usage)

at this point the only reason i leave my msi overlay on, it so i can see if my cpu bottlenecks the fps
if my temps were to ever get crazy then id know my pump went out
i also like to monitor the vram usage

but my pc is now on water, (3 times the radiator space that was required for my parts mind you)
i actually dont even need to have my fans ON
there is enough passive heat dissipation that even gaming with no radiator fans active my temps still just stay i THINK at about 45c (cant remember)
so i cant tell you evo or d-14 temps anymore
the OTHER 2 roomates pc's are on 212 evos tho with 3570k's
i could sneek a peek at those temps when i clean em out

I can't speak to its performance yet, but this looks very interesting to me.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9162912&CatId=493

They say it leaves space for high profile RAM.

Looks good, probably around the same as the R1 universal, but I can't find it anywhere in the UK.
Pretty neat idea, using a peltier like that.

Source