Best cooling for Acer Nitro AN 515

Hi
I am a layman when it comes to PCs and laptops, I play mainly on the console, where there are no such problems.
I have a new Acer laptop which I mainly use for playing games. I put it on a cupboard or table, never put my laptop on the bed. I play games in some of the more demanding games and my laptop gets hot and loud. I would like to change it, but I don’t know if I should buy some inside part or external cooling. I don’t mean the cheapest, but the best cooling.
Thank you for your help

So what? Cooling for a laptop other than external is not possible at all? I understand that it’s not a PC and it’s not that modular, but at least a bit …

There is not a lot you can change inside other than making sure it is clear of dust and the fans are working. For laptops extra cooling is mostly external. There are trays with fans in them that can blow in and blower fans that can suck air out too. I do not however know which is best or if they are particularly effective. I would imagine it is easier to push more air in and through though than trying to suck it out.

Simple thing too like giving it a little more space underneath to get more air easier.

2 Likes

Laptops are tough. You could attempt to pull it apart to replace thermal pads and pastes that are used with stock cooling thats inside the laptop but thats extreme and I dont know if your comfortable with it.

Something even like this helps:

The big thing to look at is where your intakes are and where the fans are on the mat it sits on, sometimes even just having elevated and open airflow to the bottom is enough to keep it cool.

To “make” my own laptop cooling pad/stand I bought this stand and screwed through the metal mesh these two fans. Everything works really well, the fans move a lot of air and cool way better than any other stand with integrated fans. The only side effect is that once you screw in the fans you can’t use the lowest position on the stand. Other than that I think this solution will massively help your heat issues without too much additional noise.

1 Like

Thank you guys - im rather sad, but ty

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.