Best color quality 43" monitor?

I’m having trouble finding reviews comparing them together. These are the ones I’ve come across.

Dell P4317Q

Philips BDM4350UC

Viewsonic VX4380-4K

LG 43UD79-B

AOC U4308V 43

Acer ET430K wmiiqppx 43

Acer DM431K bmiiipx 43

BenQ ST430K

What is the use case? What exactly do you mean by color quality?

Most realistic colors no?. I thought thats what quality would imply. To me anyways.

You could try seeing what panel those monitors use by going to displayspecifications.

Thx that helps somewhat but each monitor has their own software for how they process the image so specs are helpful but still need more opinions.

What’s it for, what is the use case?

1 Like

Photo editing.

I have the LG 43UD79-B as a TV-replacement and it’s not a bad monitor. I would not edit photos on a display of that size. 4k on 32" is what I can recommend. I use an LG 32UD99-W for that. As far as 8bit panels go it is a damn solid one.

You have a color calibration thingy?

EDIT: Actually I think the 32UD99 does come with some kind of calibration out of the box.

Spyder. Whats wrong with editing on a 4k?.

The 32" is a 4k. It’s not the resolution but the sheer size.
43" of monitor on a desk is just too much, trust me.

EDIT: I have to say, I’m only talking about those two because I have both. I don’t know if there are better monitors available today (I would certainly think so). I’m just not up to date on all the monitors. So look around for current gen models.

Without knowing anything about those specific monitors, i’d still like to bring up a recent video from taran:

It’s incredibly indepth and goes far and beyond to explain potential Problems with calibrating your monitors and how you might need to adjust your workflow when using color-profiles.
I’d highly recommend watching this, if you already spend the money on a tool to calibrate your monitors.

Other than that, i agree. 43" is to big for a desk. I’d rather go with 2 27". Anything larger i consider for immersion rather than produtivity unless your Desk is really deep or you’re really far away from the screen for other reasons.

The dual 27" variant is a good option for a lot of things. For me photo editing specifically works best on a 32" and maybe even have a secondary screen in vertical orientation next to it. The reason is that you want to be able to see the whole image, basically filling up your view, without having to look left and right. BUT there are always tools and sliders on the screen as well that take up space.

I mean, of course that is completely subjective but I’ve edited on 27" for years.
32" is the right size in my mind. And in 4k you won’t see pixels anymore, just your images.

For the calibration … yeah windows is terrible. On macOS you just use the spyder or x-rite software to create a profile and properly made software should just use that. I never found out how color management on linux works but the few times I used displaycal and made a profile at least RAWTherapee looked fine.

1 Like

I meant to type 43" not 4k. (I’m not that retarded) I also want 43" just to enjoy the extra real estate.

I’ll take a look at video (1 hr?!!)

Thx all for extra info.

See if there are any reviews on rtings. They have solid reviews and a good testing practice

Gonna be frank though its likely the Dell thats going to be superior out of all of them. Maybe the viewsonic