Best budget home theater speakers

What are the best quality home theater speakers for lots of use daily $500 AUD OR LESS.

Do you already have a receiver?

Monoprice Premium 5.1 and a Yamaha RX-V377 works for me.
Works for what I do. Quality enough to be able to tell the difference between 256 kbps and 320 kbps in music.
Don't expect perfection from a $500 system though. Most enthusiasts wouldn't even consider anything under $1k
If you're talking just speakers, I've heard good things about the Klipsch HDT-600, but I can't speak from first-hand experience.

only thing is im in Australia and we dont have the luxury of monoprice. ;)

No I dont have a receiver how much? $100 for that as well?

I am truly sorry for you. They're a pretty great company.

Just make sure the receiver properly powers the speakers you get as far as watts go and has the features you would like. Look to spend around $200USD (idk what your market is like over there) for a barebones model, with no features, and a passable build quality.

Yea Au atm is pretty horrible with tech. No amazon we just got newegg also just got optic fibre, netflix so many things.

So I've heard. Best of luck.

I'm not going to recommend a specific receiver because there are too many to list. However, you'd want hdmi. Most modern bluray players don't bother with optical or component anymore. Which is unfortunate. I have a preference to Pioneer, but don't think it matters. I'd also say for down the road one that has two sub outputs, but thats just me.

As for the speakers, I'd recommend going stereo first. I'd rather invest the money in two nicer towers then later you can add on to the system as you get more money. Size of speakers is dictated by the size of the room and if that room is open to other rooms.

I hope this helps, I'll look up later speakers you can get in Australia.

Z Reviews does countless speaker reviews/recommendations and talks about home theater setup philosophies in his Youtube Channel. You'll even learn quite a bit. Great dude.