Best budget gaming PC, MAR 2013

Should i opt for b75 or h77 motherboard ??

Components I need.

CPU
Motherboard
Ram
Cabinet - Max 2k ill spend on it.
PSU.
GPU

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
    Ans: playing latest games [ far cry 3, cod, crysis 3 ]

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
    Ans: inr 25,000 - 30,000.

3. Planning to overclock?
    Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
    Ans: Windows 7 ultimate sp1 x64

5. When are you planning to buy the system?
    Ans: 1 week

6. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
    Ans: Mumbai, Lamington

7. how many components will be attached to your motherboard ?
    ans : 2 hdd [ 500 + 1tb ] , gpu , sound card [optional]

MY build :

i5 3550
asus p8b75-v || Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H Motherboard
Sapphire HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM
Corsair VS450 Watt PSU
cabinet - max 2k.

So your buying a 7770, but your case can cost a maximum of 2k? think your focusing on the wrong this here mate, also but if you are speaking in a foreign currency, i could understand it since you said you max was 25 000 to 30 000, but your build looks fine, i would go with h77 but the chipset isnt really that important when your not going to be overclocking, setting up a raid system or anything special

thank you so much, traxer.

i5 3550

asus p8b75-m

g skill ripjawsx ddr3 2x4gb 1600mhz

7770hd

corsair cx430 v2

cabinet.

how does the new build fair out, does it look awesome. or do i need to replace some of the components mentioned. h77 is a little expensive, but as im not over clocking i've decided to go with b75.

H77 is better than B75. H77 allows SSD caching, and B75 doesn't. And it might not even let you overclock your graphics card.

masterdome, i have an HDD, and am never in 3 years time going to use SSD. + here in my place, the avg temp is from 27- 32. so i wont be overclocking as well. and im not interested in overclocking also. that being said, should i still invest money in H77 ?

H77 supports Ivy Bridge, I don't know if B75 does too?

Not much difference, so if you aren't overclocking or using a SSD then you could buy a B75 board.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155

yes, b75 is an ivy bridge chipset.

i5 but then 7770? not balanced, not enough to play FC3 and Cr3 with acceptable settings.

The i5 is a higher midrange processor, that means it should be matched with a higher midrange graphics card for a smooth running system. That means Radeon HD7870/GTX660.

HD7770 is just a bad deal, it's not that much cheaper than a 7850 for instance, but the performance is just not modern, it's not suitable for gaming at a quality level that makes it better than playing on a console hooked up to a TV.

Hot air does not hinder overclocking, don't think the air temperature in India is higher than the air taken in by a PC at a crowded LAN party... not overclocking is throwing away money. In my opinion, if you're going for an i5, look out for a GTX660. If that's over budget, get an AMD FX6300 with an HD7870 or even an AMD PhenomII X4 955/965 or FX4300 with an HD7850. A stronger processor is something that doesn't give any benefit in most games, but a stronger graphics card gives huge performance benefits in most games.

last qs before i purchase the following items, my final build.

intel i5 3550 / Intel i5-3470
asus p8b75-m / Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard
gskill ripjawsx ddr3 2x4gb 1600mhz
ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti 1GB GDDR5 / Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 OC Edition 1 GB GDDR5
nzxt gamma
2 hdd
1 optical disk drive
1 mouse
1 keyboard
Iball Tarang 2.1 (Wooden)
corsair cx 430 v2

MY Q's

will the corsair cx 430 v2 be enough ?

Get a cheaper AMD cpu and a 7850 or something. Try to get at least a 500watt psu.

If i were you change out one of your HDD's and grap a small (128GB if i were you) SSD so your pc boots up and games load soo much faster. It wont make a difference when you are in game but you wont ever have to wait for anything to load again!

Why do you have a cpu that costs more then the gpu?

Amd Phenom II X4 965 or a fx 6300 or a fx 4300 along with a XFX or sappire 7850 under $200 is way better then your build right now, I strongly recomend Amd cpu and a Gigabyte 970a mobo.