Best bang for buck 1440p experience?

Who are these people having issues? From my understanding SLI has as many issues as CF.

This is always an option, Extremely overclock friendly and 6 Fucking GB or VRAM?!

The review you posted left the cards at stock clocks, and tested with games optimised for Nvidia. e.g Battlefield 3.

http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-radeon-hd-7950-w-boost-versus-nvidia-geforce-gtx-760_2227

Upon overclocking the 7950, it competes with an overclocked 770. As I try to show you in the video I previously posted:

http://youtu.be/7Z6e0UtPZY0?t=2m30s

You can clearly see the 7970... and the 7950 beating the 770. The 770, not the 760... the 770. The 760 doesn't have a hope of beating the 7950 after overclocking.

FYI, most future games are going to be optimised for AMD. Are you still considering the 760? 0.o

And no, a 2GB card is perfectly capable at 1440p. Again, here is a 2gb vs 4gb comparison on a surround setup (more pixels than 1440p) and a 1080p monitor:

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Video-Card-Performance-2GB-vs-4GB-Memory-154/

On a level playing field. (1080p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmGWyAyO9mc

The 7950 isn't preferable because it has more vram, or because it is cheap, nor the inclusion of free games. The 7950 happens to be the higher performing card, evidentially.

yea but the 4GB models are significantly more expensive than the 7950s, and 3GB is plenty enough VRAM for 1440p I understand, even with texture mods.

Both SLI and Crossfire have issues, just go with one card and if you really need more power add a second, it will still perform better than 1 of the same card.

I don't know good this particular review as I don't have time to read it all but whatever the cards are similar enough to possibly give some food for thought.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/01/14/asus_geforce_gtx_670_directcu_ii_4gb_sli_review/1#.Uiq_lcash8E

I've read these reviews and there all based on 1080p. Please for the love of god give me something with 1440p reviews.

Only thing I've gotten out of this is 7950 OC's better which having higher bus, more VRAM, and larger over all desgin it should.(Not by large scale)

Still never answered my question about customer support, and drivers.

(Quote review that tested 1440p)
The AMD Radeon HD 7950 has 3GB of GDDR5 memory that runs on a 384-bit bus and we expected it to excel at higher resolutions. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760′s 2GB of memory on the 256-bit bus performed well except in Far Cry 3 and Hitman when our 8xAA setting filled the frame buffer. (((It was impressive to see the GeForce GTX 760 winning at times in the higher resolutions despite having less memory, a smaller pipe and less memory bandwidth.)))
Read more at http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-radeon-hd-7950-w-boost-versus-nvidia-geforce-gtx-760_2227#biZtGMkd7ajTBqzP.99

If 7950 is so much better then why you're using a over priced GTX 780?

(Your Quote)

I personally went with the 780 for my own system, because the games I like to play run best on Nvidia.

Nevermind got my answer.

All I'm asking is hard facts, but the more I read the more impressed I'm becoming with 760. Smaller, less noise, lower BUS, less VRAM, but still close comparison. 

Only thing I've found is 7950 being $50 cheaper, but when you included drivers, 2.0 boost, and the fact it's EVGA. It seems the better buy.

If your fanboy ass wants to buy a 760, nobody is stopping you, but you asked for "best bang for buck for 1440p experience" and everybody is telling you that a 7950 is simply a better card, so I'm not quite sure why you bothered to ask if you were already set on buying a 760?

Because the games I play run better on Nvidia. e.g Rome 2 Total War. And the 780 is the best single card solution for 1440p. There's no doubt that it is a higher performing card than the 7970, in a good number of games. I definitely considered dual 7950s! They are the "best bang for buck", but they were not appropriate for my personal needs. Now, I believe dual 760s differ. It isn't about matching your needs, I think the 760 is a completely inappropriate choice for 1440p. The design of the card does not match the requirements, in the same way that I don't recommend quad crossfire 7770s for 1440p.

The 760 is a good card, it's just incredibly well geared for 1080p gaming, and not much more. e.g it has fewer CUDA cores then the card is replaces, which makes it useless as a productivity card by comparison.

I'm building a computer for a friend who 1. doesn't like overclocking 2. plays Nvidia optimised games 3. he games at 1080p. The 760, with GPU boost 2.0, is the perfect card for his needs. Believe me, if I thought that the 760 SLI was a appropriate for 1440p, I would say so. It's geared towards gaming at 1080p, nothing more.

-That is why you will probably never see the 760 being used at 1440p, there are no available 1440p reviews. With the exception of Logan's video, which I thought showed some of the weaknesses of the 760 at higher resolutions. Most cards get tested at both 1080p and 1440p, there is a very good reason why the 760 only gets tested at 1080.

Both Nvidia and AMD have bad drivers. Much of what you hear about Nvidia being better in that sense is just fan boy nonsense. It is hard to give you "hard facts", you'll just have to trust my experience. It's good logic; understanding that neither company will get things right 100% of the time. You have to appreciate the value of AMD's ability to release drivers which increased the performance of their 79xx cards immensely. That additional driver performance is something that Nvidia has failed to match. Credit where credit is due.

I can understand your view that Nvidia has better aftermarket coolers. However, it is largely luck of the draw. You can purchase two EVGA 760s, one will run quiet, and the other will be loud. AMD does have some good aftermarket coolers, such as the HIS X2 Turbo, or the ASUS DC2. I do prefer Nvidia's selection of coolers.

At higher resolutions, the BUS and Vram are quite beneficial. 1440p will have a pretty big performance impact on the 760. That alone is reason to choose the 7950. Or, like I suggested earlier, a 780 (if you absolutely have to have an Nvidia card). Again the 780 has a larger BUS and more Vram than the 760, making it a much more appropriate choice. Before you suggest the 4GB model of the 760, I highly doubt that the 760 is powerful enough to utilise 4GB.

In short, you can use 760s at 1440p. But I highly doubt that you will get the performance that you're probably seeking. In comparison to the 7950s, the 760s will under perform at that resolution.

If 7950 is so much better then why you're using a over priced GTX 780?

All Nvidia cards are overpriced lol. Including the 760.

why the hell is this topic relivant!?!?!?!?!! FOR GOD SAKE YOU PEOPLE ARE TECHIES.

we should not be fighting about who is better.

AMD is the best price for what you get (best bang for buck hands down)

Nvidia is overpriced but offers.......an overpriced card! plane ans simple

It would take my retard uncle sam to say nvidia is the way to go...UNLESS! your shooting for single card high performance!

I went wtith HIS 7950 IceQ x2 ...and i get better frames than a 7970 Ghz edition card. better fps than 770
AMD $260 vs Nvidia $400

And for all you nvidia fan boys...just fuck off! nvidia is not PERFECT..nor is AMD...

but i can sure tell you which one is better at this time and point..AMD baby

oh i can sadly say...i have grown a deep  hate for you Nvidia Fanboys.

deep down ive realized how stupid one can be to commit them self to a brand and not a product itself. 

you sicken me..thus i spit on you

Argue about AMD vs Nvidia all you want. It's just a bit unnecessary to make personal attacks over a forum.

I see you post on here, you don't normally act like this. Take it easy.

Thank you Berserker for your input I understand now.

Only question now is what company should I compare EVGA to a 7950 manufactor.

thanks.

Play Xbox live much?

So far I have dealt with power color, XFX, gigabyte, Sapphire, and HIS for the 7XXX series. 

I will list each experience.

Power color makes the cheapest 7850's that are reliable but not great for overclocking.

XFX makes very solid feeling 7950's (the dual fan edition). Has a nice finish and overclocked fairly well.

Sapphire reference design 7950 is very nice but it is a very weird card. It has a 7970 PCB and I have heard that they are actually reference cards that AMD made but gave them to sapphire to sell. ( considering the only sapphire name on it is some crappy sticker they threw on it i tend to believe those rumors)

The gigabyte 7950 (wind force 3 fans) was a very cool card. The only problem is that since there is no metal casing on it the card bends a bit at the end.

The HIS 7850 had fan problems after a few months.

So far my preference has been Saphire and XFX.

What I have researched though would also suggest Asus.

(Avoid MSI for 7950's, I forgot which 7950 it was but people had serious cooling issues with it)

I have the MSI 7950 twin frozr 3, I just changed the thermal paste and its max temp is 70c. I can also overclock to 1200/1575. AND it comes with an factory 3 year warranty and I think that alone says something about MSI. I couldn't of asked for a better 7950. It is fairly loud but I plan to get another one and a couple water blocks for them down the road.

I didn't get the HIS because my last iceq (6870) could boil water and I didn't get the Gigabyte because I heard they lock the clocks. I have no experience with XFX and Asus was too expensive. I guess it's mostly luck of the draw.

i apologize for my post. it was not a direct response to op. a broad statement to all who favor a brand and not consider a product quality for what it is.

putting that aside. i do not recommend msi at the moment. msi 7950 tf3 and be are a little over priced.

As of now! These are the cards that would make sense buying 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&CompareItemList=48%7C14-127-667%5E14-127-667-TS%2C14-161-429%5E14-161-429-TS%2C14-161-420%5E14-161-420-TS%2C14-131-458%5E14-131-458-TS

msi tf3

- quality component.

-voltage unlocked.

-refrence pcb

-$265 (after mail in rebate $20)

his iceq x2

- quality component.

-voltage unlocked

-7970 pcb!

-$265

his iceq boost

- quality component.

-volt unlock.

-refrence pcb

-$215

Powercolor PCS+

Refrence all around Unlocked voltages

$200 after $30 mail in rebate

My choice would be the HIS IceQ x2 due to the improved VRM (7970 power delivery on a 7950)

Its the Best card out of all the 7950!

Great info guys thanks for posting.:)

so 7950 it is then.....or maybe the 7970......