Best Audio editing Software for pc

Looking for some good but simple audio software to edit music

I mainly use my rig for gaming messing around but i also teach dance classes and i have to edit music for different recitals for kids and so on. Anyone have some good recommendations. I dont need anything to hi end or complicated, Free is good but i dont mind spending some if it is worth it?

Thanks in advance everyone :)

Windows 8.1 Pro
MB - Asus P8z77 - Pro
CPU - I7 3770K
SSD - Boot 2x samsung 840 pro 128gb raid 0
HD - WD Cav Black 2tb
M - Gskill 16gb 2133
GPU - 2x GTX 780 Sli
PSU - Corsair HX850

Audacity, http://audacity.sourceforge.net

audacity is a good, free starter but its pretty god damn basic. If you can do everything you need on it then just use that.

if you want to get rolling with something more advance then try out reaper, also available on a free licence and a surprisingly good and fully featured digital audio workstation (DAW). I use reaper to teach, and as with all DAWs it does have a learning curve but it is worth the time investment if you can make use of it.

Gonna side with cain_ for Audacity.

Presonus studio one is a very solid audio editing system.  Anything you need to do, it can do, MIDI, multi track recording, it even has a fairly competent mastering system.  VERY user friendly, and not terribly expensive.

I use Goldwave for simple audio editing. Just for cutting up files and such, but I'm not creating anything with it, just tweaking.

ableton live is really nice too, dunno if logan knows it but just the interface is great :) you should atleast try it ;)

This is the Multitrack editor I referred in the latest INBOX.EXE.

http://ardour.org/

Reaper DAW is awesome! I find it easy to use, it is light, is free (with a 5 second splash screen) and can work with any audio file type.

It actually isn't free anymore, but has a 30 day trial before hitting the paywall. It's dirt cheap compared to other DAWs, and probably gives the best value for the money.

FL Studio is great if you get into the workflow. No prior experience makes it an awesome DAW, although you might make yourself a disservice in the long run. Lifetime free updates, though!

Ardour is great if you use linux, although you should be careful what audio interface you use with JACK/wineasio. If you don't plan to delve into things, it's a great option though, considering it's... free. Once you get plugins though, you're going to have to switch to another DAW.

The middle player would be Studio One. Sort of like a cheap Cubase, but is a bit more community minded and also has soundcloud integration (other software probably only has this). With cheap, I don't mean it's a lesser product, I mean it's cheaper.

From what you describe however, you're not looking for a DAW, but an audio editor. For that, Audacity probably has everything you're looking for.

If your looking for a digital audio workstation Reaper is good. http://www.reaper.fm/

THank you everyone for the input this helps a lot.

It was cool to see my topic on the inbox youtube upload.

PS AlbinoZebrah Is the name of our breakdance crew here in Toronto Canada it was funny to here the white horse comment we used to get that all the time. below is a clip of what we do for fun ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqS352UG64

Thank you all again for your help.

Still Partial to Soundforge Myself.

Hi, 

If you want a audio software for PC, then i would like to suggest you to use Audio Editing Software as this software helps you to edit and create voice, music and other sound recording. Audio editing supports all types of audio recording such as amr, wav, mp3, real audio, aif, au, ogg, flac and many more. The major features of this audio editing software are to crop, paste, insert, delete and many more other effects. This software will be the best software to use.

Looks like a low quality audacity clone and a spam post.

Audacity for basic editing, Ableton live for more advanced stuff (or fruity loops if you want, its one or the other really) Garage band (or something like it) for really...REALLY basic editing.

Goldwave is better than audacity if you're not dealing with multitrack mixing or recording. Just Google goldwave and you'll find it.

I play in a band and we're currently recording music in Cubase LE 5, it came with the interface we got. It seems pretty decent, but we're still learning the ins and outs.

Audacity is indeed good for simple things, but no way would I ever try to record an album on it. It's simply not usable compared to other software for multi track recording/mixing/mastering.

pro tools hd is clearly the only choice

F
I
V
E

Y
E
A
R
S