Best 990FX MOBO for FX-8350?

That link is derped

Which one?

Not sure how much the Asrock 990FX Extreme 9 costs atm?
But if you looking at an awsome overclocking AM3+ board, then the Extreme 9 is definitely one of the best boards out there.
Like i said above, the Asus Crosshair 5 Formula Z is realy the best AM3+ board out there, there is realy nothing to argue about.
But i agree that the price for a 3 year old mobo would make it hard buy.

Sorry I fixed the link, my apologies.

This one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157611

Will have to do some digging on it, if I recall correctly one of he Extreme MOBO's was plagued with audio issues in the review on amazon..........will double check it

I just want to be able to OC in a stable manner with the CPU getting the right amount of power from the MOBO and have the ability to run 2X GPU in the future and have all the proper connections with an easy to use interface for OC.

Looks nice but I know nothing about it. @MisteryAngel is our in house expert, I would trust her opinions there.

@ MysteryAngel Wasn't the Asrock 990FX Extreme 9 that I had seen the reviews on will look further into that MOBO thanks

I do know that the 990FX Sabertooth did had some reported issues according to onboard audio.
But ofc it was just incidentical.
There was exaly a topic on here about it in the past, i need to look it up.

While the 970 class of boards can handle crossfire, it usually is at lesser rate. Something like x8/x8, or 16x/x4, with exceptions to every rule. While the actual affect on performance is usually negligible,as a general rule, the 990FX class is the way to go if you are seriously considering a multi-GPU set-up - even if it is down the line.

I think the before-mentioned ASUS board, the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, or the ASRock Extreme6 would be your best bet, for bang-for-your-buck. The ASUS board is going to allow for the most amount of tinkering in the BIOS.

Never buy used boards. You don't know how hard someone else has put that board through. IE forcing overclocking, not cleaning it prior to refurbishment. It just isn't worth the headache. Best to save your money.

Doesn't the 990FX Extreme 9 board have a horrible reputation for blowing up its VRMs when overclocking though? Or have they fixed that in the last year or so?

The only mobo AMD recommends for there silly 220w (9590) cpu's is the 990FX Extreme 9 because of its extreme 12+2 vrm power phase any problems with the mobo have been first release issues that have been fixed years ago.

nope, its a rock sollid board.
Both the Asus Crosshair V Formula Z and Asrock Extreme 9, are the best overclockers boards for AM3+ out there.

Blowing mosfets was only an issue with the Asrock 990FX extreme 3 with 4+1 powerphase.

And some of the Lower-to-mid-tier MSI stuff.

I have the Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 and have never had a problem I think it is awesome.

1 Like

i just ordered the same motherboard asus Sabertooth Rev 2.0 but i'll like to know if pony 4x 8 16 gigs pony memory is compatible ,my cpu is fx 8350 thank you 1967kID