Best 40" 4K monitor for under $1000 A399U or Crossover 434K

Yeah that's what the price says.

......so what the hell are you waiting for. If you check out the AMH Company in Korea, they are a small Company and have limited (or seem to) production runs. However they are very special equipment and kater to maniacs I guess. The question is to get a good screen to start with; so if you can a pre shipping pre-check of dead pixels and excessive bleeding is quite important. (IMO)

I am trying to find the URL of AMH, so you can see whom they are and the jewels they have on the board and not yet in production. Will get that for you tomorrow at the latest

CHECK THIS : http://www.amhcompany.co.kr/

Mhm, taking into account the calculator it would be wonderful if only payment would be VAT, which would be "only" 20% more, but the most sad thing is the euro and dollar are now almost 1:1...year ago it would be even less in the euros, but still...version with removed tempered glass looks great (and it looks like it is no more availible on ebay)..

So far I have checked two reviews
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/philips_bdm4065uc.htm
http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/2015/test-philips-bdm4065uc.html
They were quite positive for what it is and that VA panel is quite good

That is one of the reason I was hoping Logan/Wendell will make the side-by-side comparison to clarify the AMH's lead.

LOL , do like me, i cannot make up my mind, so I got both, A399U and crossover 404K; Philips, I read too many .....to recommend it, plus I do not have one. (Philips 4065) I believe it is wendell that said do not buy it is junk (I AM NOT SURE )but i did read it, and many instances of bizarre behaviors. (IMO).
QUOTE FROM AMH WEB SITE ABOUT A399U
Hello. (Note) AMHCOMPANY.
In our recently released as part of the UHD monitor Internet cafe advanced strategy game room monitor
Model A399U / This product is a good model for those who aim to differentiate high-end games room
with no doubt will.
A399U UHD game bangyong presents a new paradigm for monitor games room monitor Internet cafe.

Thank you.

http://www.amhcompany.co.kr/

I have to wait another month to buy but I will jump on it as soon as I can and I will deglass it. From what I gather your saying that's the best one out of the three. If you don't mind me asking what GPU are you using to push it and what kind of frame rates are you getting.

on 1 rig powercolor 7990 (3 decker), on another nvidia gtx690 and another amd hd 5570.
I vsync so 60, performance is good and monitor is designed for 60Hz.

so do you think a single 390x or fury x would handle the 4k gaming no problem?

A Fury X would be good at 4k but I don't think we are at the point where a single GPU is enough for 4k. You can of course always turn down the settings but just don't overestimate how much the GPU can actually do. I did that when I bought my first GPU and I got so dissapointed.

well I still think my HIS 7970 is a beast but that being said don't think it will handle 4K very well. So trying to figure out whether to get a Fury X costing $250 more than the 390x and much harder to actually get ahold of for a fair price or The 390X maybe 2 for crossfire if it's worth it. Ive just heard a lot of games have huge problems with crossfire. I don't know never had a crossfire setup Kind of really want one just to check it out. But every one is telling me to get the Fury X over the 390 setup saying that High Bandwidth Memory is a whole different animal. This is coming from Quain from Tek Syndicate. I'm really at a loss what to do and can't get a definite answer.

HBM is going to make DDR5 obsolete, it's definitely the way of the future.

Why don't you crossfire with another 7970 to start with. You can probably get a good used one or a new for a good price. I game with 7990; and have not had problems with driving at 60Hz vsync, either 1080p or 4k. Do not forget, you do get quite a lot out of the up-scaling of the monitor, so only 1080p should be a consideration for you now, let the monitor do the rest. (for now). I am talking of the up-scaling of the A399U and 404K.

the 7970 is a beast and I do not care what others say. (I go to ATI church every sunday.LOL)

Really you think crossfiring my 7970 will work just fine for 4k gaming? I mean I know I can't get a new 7970 but don't remember which one but there is a 200 series that is the same damn card just renamed I just don't feel safe buying used GPU's at all.

Just looked at one of my old threads it's the R9 280X thats the same card and they cost between $250 and $299 and for that price I honestly feel I should just get a 390X or do you think 2 7970's will out perform a 390x?

And how does up scaling on the monitor first of heard of it I'm interested now. Because if I can find a 7970 or R9 280x for under $200 I'll jump on it just to hold out until they perfect HBM.

I have not kept close tabs on the 390X,the rebranding thing kind of turned me off from looking at new products from AMD however I can tell you, and I have 2 rigs with 7990, one is powercolor 3 decker, and the other is a XFX and i can game with both in 4k at 60Hz therefore 60 frames (vsync enabled).
Still, how is your gaming in 1080p ?
start from there.
No matter how much you read or inquire you will have to evaluate with your system in your specific situation of hardware combination. No investment in trying what you have in 1080p. (IMO) Remember what wendell indicated, it performed perfectly in 1080p upscaled in 4k. (gee......in a way you are gaming in 4k, upscaled but still 4k, that is the wayn the monitor is made; darn (sic) it does not give you the choice......................:-)

PS with prudent shopping and with ebay or paypal protection I am sure you can find something.

READ THIS (you got me looking)
http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=2263&gid2=708&compare=radeon-r9-390x-vs-radeon-hd-7990
I am quite happy with my 7990 s (actually very, very happy)

The HIS 7970 I have is the Ghz edition and have yet to find a game it won't run flawlessly on max settings that's why I say its a beast. Even now when I run benchmarking software it says R9 200 series. I know AMD has its flaws but I still prefer them over Nvidia and as far as chipsets Intel's business practices disgust me so will support AMD as long as I can. My current system build is on my profile. Here is my upgrade list I'm deciding between these 2 lists they are about the same accept one is to save money. The Video Card is undecided so ignore that.
Budget one.
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/StaticNoize/saved/rPpLrH
What I truly want but different speakers same price range Logan dissed them made me change my mind.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3YWkZL
I just haven't decided yet because I'm upgrading chipset and motherboard when the Zen line comes out for AM4 socket. So may want to wait to get better card till then don't know yet I change my mind every day after talking to you I may just get a card to get by till Zen comes out.

I was in a similar position a while back, although a with a lower budget. I ended up going for the AOC U2868PQU and am very pleased with it. Made a post about it if anyone's interested https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/aoc-u2868pqu-28-4k-monitor/85468?u=h1raeth

Oh I'm definitely getting a high quality monitor just haven't decided on graphics solution. I was looking at just going ahead and crossfiring 2 Fury X but I don't see the slots for a crossfire cable on those cards so don't know how to crossfire them.

Static...crossfire does not require crossfire bridge anymore

I would go with 2x 980Ti as much more powerful solution and as it is same like here, they are more-less at the same price point, but still...980Ti SLi is unbeatable

I appreciate the advice but I just love AMD and choose to support them for as long as I can. That kind of sucks because I love the way the crossfire bridges look and it was just another part that you could customize.

No problem, it would look more "badass" in the case, but still...it is just AiO cooler, but at all, 4k would be little problematic for most of the cards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEzfeqAoWZg (ignore that fact of VRAM stacking in the overlay for Fury X, it is not correct value as it does not stack, DX12 based game engines will allow it, but for now, it is still kind of a music of the future;

I really really like the HBM, but 4GB for the 4k is not enough until DX12-based games will come and again, 4GB of VRAM for the 4k is heavy bottleneck (not just in the shadow of mordor, but f.e. even my DA:I will fill my actual 970 at 4k (I was just testing 4k through DSR) with a 4GB instantly.

I hope you will choose correctly and to have fun with any decision you will make.

So would I be better off with 2 R9 390X? I just figured if I'm spending that kind of money I might as well get HBM. I saw benchmarks for Fury X crossfire 4K and it looked like it handled it just fine I'm not one of those people that need insane FPS. As long As it's above 30 it is playable to me.

Because I was also told that 2 R9 280X could do 4K on medium settings. So if that could don't understand why the Fury X couldn't. Also I have no interest in playing shadow of mordor.

I also don't under stand are you saying if I have 2 Fury X it doesn't equal 8Gb of HBM?

I was also just thinking if I should just grab the R9 390 X and crossfire them and just wait for them to perfect HBM because I believe it is the future and will put an end to DDR5.

Hi ! Keep your initial idea to see performance with one card and go from there.
DX12, X99, z.... whatever are all good products but with a lot of unknown. I prefer, for example, to stick to X79 and win seven and really have fun with the rigg rather than fuck (sorry for expression) around getting it to work. I think , at this point, you are over analyzing, and this will get you confused more than anything else.

PS I am in favor of new products, but the industry shoots almost anything at the market, and a lot are products that are not ready for consumption. (IMO) Paper specs often do not realise in real life, or are done with such a specific test that most common applications are not really evaluated.
You have a very good research mind, do not over-do-it.