Best 40" 4K Korean Monitor for Gaming

I've watched a lot of videos from Wendell talking about 40" 4k Korean monitors but I'm concerned about gaming. They all have the nice panels ( color wise ), but which one has the least amount of input lag, lowest response time, and free sync would be great. Price isn't too important, most of them are around 600$ or a little more.

2 Likes

Wasabi Mango for sure, it was the only one with 1080p 120hz if I remember right

2 Likes

I've got a 43" Wasabi Mango (UHD430) and I've been able to run games at 4K with some settings dialed back (not a lot, since I've 980Ti's in SLI), and I've even tested 1440p gaming and it was very playable. I know, I keep posting this pic, but it's to show what a monster 4K monitor looks like on a desk:

1 Like

Hows the input lag/response time.

I don't have another monitor to set up a precise measurement, but it's okay for my usage- I'm a 'filthy casual', and not a competitive player.

If your going to play at 1080/1440p then get a different monitor, the pixel scaling will be better then stretching a lower resolution on one of these screens!

When it comes to 4k Korean panels, it really comes down to preference, the Wasabi Mango seem pretty decent with a few caveats such as bright back-lighting that causes grey dark pixels (not really noticeable in most gaming situations), and a weird power saving issue that causes the screen to turn on and off while in standby mode (could have been just my 49" screen I had).

I don't think we will get much better Korean monitors then this except for when 120hz 4k comes along and OLED (fingers crossed they get these some day).

2 Likes