Best 1TB drive?

Yeah, I ended up going with the Caviar Black. I like Western Digital a lot. I've had issues with Seagate in the past. I've also had many good experiences with Samsungs. Didn't feel too comfortable going with Hitachi. So, don't let me down WD!

the seagate 1tb drives were known to have problems, not sure if they fixed it yet

Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB

OR

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

i preffer the last one :)

For anyone interested, there are HDD deals with Newegg until the 20th..

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/May-0-2009/DrivesMemory14/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL051409&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL051409-_-email-_-E0A-_-HDDclick&[email protected]

I know someone who owns the Samsung HDD. He had about 80% of it filled up and I didn't notice any stutters whatsoever.

I think your choice is clear here. Go with the Samsung, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Depends on what you're using it for. Samsung F1 is fast but not reliable for harsh conditions. I've heard of several ones failing within a few months. The RE3 is an enterprise model disk so that one wont break easily, also the caviar black is OK i suppose..

WD is a pretty okay brand at this point in time.

Good luck!

I'd say Western Digital is more than a 'pretty okay brand.'Â I'd go as far as to say they are the best all around hard drive manufacturer at this point in time.

And I went with the Caviar Black.

You know your getting a good product with WD It's all i use