HI L1T Forums, I’m having a problem with my microphone audio volume that I can’t seem to resolve. By default, the microphone volume is very low, to the point of being barely audible.
A quick rundown of my system:
- Distro: Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS
- CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1650 0 @ 3.2GHz
- RAM: 32 GB of ECC DDR3
- GPU: GTX 970
- Audio Interface: Behringer U-PHORIA UM2
- Microphone: Behringer Ultravoice XM8500
I’ve tried looking around for solutions to this, but couldn’t find one that fits.
I have tried:
- Changing the microphone volume in PulseAudio with pavucontrol
- Changing the microphone volume in alsamixer, but it lists the interface as not having any inputs.
Turning the microphone volume up in pavucontrol to 153% does help a bit, but it is still quiet in applications like Discord. I would try to increase the gain on the device itself, but that would increase the noise floor, and increase the chance of me clipping.