Bee Syndicate B.I.Y. - Food - Dree's Honey Muffins ( Donas Amelias )

Bee Syndicate B.I.Y.
Food

Click here for the Master Bee Syndicate Post with links to all other posts

Please follow Beesyndicate on twitter

Dree's Honey Muffins ( Donas Amelias )

This delicious, delectable, quick, and simple honey muffin recipe was handed down from to Dreemmachine Girl of Twitch fame from her grandmother. She was kind enough to share it with me so that I could share it with all of you.

Dree has also made improvements to this amazing treat and has included that variant of the recipe as well!

Thank you so much Dree for sharing this with us!

Bee sure to follow Dreemachine Girl on all the things!

Twitter
Twitch
Facebook

Ingredient List

6 Eggs
1/3 Cup Honey
2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Cornflour (Fine)*
2 Sticks Melted Butter*
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt

Instructions:

Beat eggs and sugar together. Add other ingredients one at a time beating in between. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake @ 350 until golden brown on top (approx 20 minutes).

Dree's Notes:

Ok, so those are the instructions for doing it normally. I have since modified it slightly and created an even better one that grandmother, and particularly grandfather, approve of.

Let the butter soften to room temperature. Beat together with sugar until fluffy (like when making cookies). Add eggs, beating in one at a time until fully incorporated. Mix together dry ingredients and add all at once. Mix well, and then the rest is the same.

Optional: I sometimes add 1 cup of white sugar and 1 cup of light brown sugar.
I think this makes like a dozen and a half or something. I can't remember but I know it's less than it seems it should be since they don't rise much and are basically comprised of sugar, sugar, and more sugar! :D Doing it the fluffy butter method results in a better consistency and a more pleasing cupcake overall. I have a feeling that the other method is a result of people doing it by hand without a machine.

• Additional Notes: If you don't want to use cornflour or don't have it, it works just fine with regular flour or my favorite: whole wheat flour! I think whole wheat gives it the best consistency and color and so far grandpa and I prefer it to the cornflour.
    The butter is like 1 cup. 2 of the half cup sticks.
4 Likes

Thanks for the recipe, i'll have to try this.

No problem!

If anyone has something they want to contribute let me know and I will take a look.

Good looking out @Bee_Syndicate these are delicious and my friend said they are "the best thing I've ever eaten"
I used all purpose flower and beat the sugar and butter together like suggested

3 Likes

This Is Awesome ! Thanks for sharing your pics and thoughts about this with us I plan to make some this week.

This was just with what I had on hand, I would really like to add nuts and maybe top with greek yogurt, I love greek yogurt with honey so why not on the muffins too?

Well If you do it you should detail it and we will Fork this recipe. " Open-Cupcakes "

1 Like