2 Likes

Is this also a blog and AMA?

You engineer you. Lol

1 Like

It’s everything you want it to be bae

2 Likes

Nice try, but some are able to dodge that. :wink:

4 Likes

Ikr, altho for that gif to be more accurate the bar should be 10 feet higher lmao

2 Likes

Still rocking Sailfish OS ?

Haven’t used it in a long while, tbh I don’t know how to feel about it atm, it’s basically outbought by Russia…

Damn didn’t know about that. Looks like Linux phones are our last resort.

Yeah it’s an achilles heel that when something has potential it’s often bought by an entity that diminishes the awesomeness.
Sucks

2 Likes

That’s easy because he is wearing ski boots.

1 Like

Update: Merged some old tuts to op, cleanup & tweaking the layout later

1 Like

Had an epic weekend with the boys, visited a military museum (the one time we didn’t sauna at the summer cottage, being extremely drunk) that not only had stuff on display (like super interesting genuine stuff from WW2 too, no reconstruced shit).
But also had a ton of functional vehicles and (deactivated) weapons you could fiddle with in their original form, mostly Finnish, Swedish & Soviet equipment, but there were also some American trucks and vans.
Also a Thompson.

We got the chance to drive an old Soviet BMP-1, and for laughs threw that one dude who hadn’t been in the military, to drive it.
He did well tho taking into account he got a 5 minute briefing on how to operate it, our guide was super knowleadgeable about anything and mostly everything, he was a retired officer having served his entire life in the Defence Forces - serving in the Navy, Army & Air Force, with multiple assignments in operations abroad.
Super professional and chill dude.

Offroading with an anti-infantry tank was cool and all, but for me personally reading a bunch of personal letters someone had written from the fronts (in WW2) really brought history alive.

Gotta visit again soon, maybe next time just to drive a T-55, MAZ-573 or Akatsya. Because why not :grin:
I’m having a semi boner for the MAZ…