Battle.net's latest single player game, Crash Bandicoot 4, has always online DRM

The worst part is Starlink gives the worst “always on” companies even more ammunition to force it on people. They’ll argue better broadband is better DRM.

Unless their servers are gonna go to shit and cause a lot of inconvenience for those who want to play, your average CoD/Fifa/etc. player (especially on console) is not gonna stop buying and playing.

Microtransactions and loot boxes didn’t change that. Greedy CEOs getting a fat bonus while laying off people didn’t change that. Taking an unpopular political stance, keeping quiet about physical/mental abuse, sexual harassment, all those things didn’t make gamers protest and stop giving those companies money. And always-on DRM won’t either.

This is where I fully agree the worst of them will never change. Having DRM-free versions of some older EA games on GOG is a luxury, not a norm. Humble Bundle and itch[dot]io only targets indie studios for their DRM-free offerings, so GOG is it in terms of DRM-free copies of games from scumbag companies like EA and Ubisoft.

1 Like

PROOF:

1 Like

So much for Denuvo working…

4 Likes

Crash games only exist on the PS1, anything else is an imposter :wink:

2 Likes

No lie, when I went to retweet that article, Twitter was like “Do you want to read the article?” and it was like that alien on Rick and Morty saying “Do you want to develop my app?”

1 Like

Hope with remastered Diablo 2 resurected it won’t be a problem. If I can’t play normally offline, then I will choose Project Diablo 2
Edit so as not to punch posts.
I play PD2 all the time and nostalgia helps me a lot. Yes, much faster than with D2 there comes a point where you have to grind a lot until you find an item that will allow you to defeat higher-level creatures