BAT payments

I’ve heard Ryan and Wendell mention a couple times that they need to increase Patreon payments. Anyone know if they considered registering as a Brave publisher and start accepting BAT?

I’d happily add them to my recurring payments.

What kind of revenue does this realistically generate for people? How stable is it? Bitcoin for example is basically worthless as a day to day currency because of its mentally unstable behaviour. Is BAT this same?

What kind of revenue does this realistically generate for people?

Not a lot. Lunduke experimented with it.

Bitcoin for example is basically worthless as a day to day currency because of its mentally unstable behaviour.

This is a problem that happens anytime you convert currencies. Happens with USD/BTC, happens with USD/EUR.

Most services do what PayPal does. Money comes in, it’s converted, and deposited into your preferred currency.

It would be more than the revenue they get from not registering. I’m not sure how stable the value will be, but it seems fairly stable for now.

IM BATMaN!

Just to add the link in case its not obvious https://www.level1techs.com/support

There are a few options there including Ko-fi

Thanks for the links. BAT is a bit simpler and its private. You just need to use the Brave browser. Its set to automatically send payments to registered publishers that you frequent. You can earn more BAT by viewing ads, if you wish.

I would also like to support via BAT.

2 Likes