Badly struggling with PC, how is it superior race?

only smug idiots refer to pc gaming as the superior race, I am a console and PC gamer.

Since Logan and the guys have talked about PC gaming being the master race, what makes it superior if I'm struggling with movements and functions?

You are just not used to PC controls, probably because you never played like this before. For people who started playing games on PC, this is like a second nature.

And well, you have no idea how much  I hate playing anything with first or third person camera with a gamepad. I'd rather shoot myself in the knee than play a multiplayer shooter aiming with sticks.

But if you think objectively, keyboard and mouse are incomparably superior in terms of speed and precision, when it comes to FPS. And they also support a much wider range of games than gamepads (like, you just can't play RTS or a MOBA without a mouse). This is a part of what makes PC gaming superior. You can't play games on consoles with mice, and it means that you simply can't play certain genres on them, while you can play any genre on PC.

Consoles are strictly worse than a PC for gaming, the only viable reason to own one is hostage exclusive games.

you clearly are just not used to the controls just yet. I bet it feels like the first time you played a first person shooter on a console with two joysticks, one for moving the head, the other for moving the body (I remember my first like this was 007: Nightfire), I had all kinds of problems learning how to play on a PS2, upgrading from a N64. But after a while, I got used to it.

PC is the same way, different motions and positions that you need to get used to. Fortunately most pc games have keybindings that are similar, and if they are different you can rebind them to the PC standard' which you will figure out in about a month. Then you will understand the true power a keyboard (with many more buttons than a gamepad) and a mouse (which allows much more precise motion than a gamepad) bring to PC gaming.

+1 I hate to be harsh, but is wasd that difficult? It just takes some simple knowledge of the qwerty keyboard.

I remember the first time I played battlefield 1942 I felt the same way you do now. After about a week I was pretty used to it and was doing alright. It sounds like you have been exclusively console gaming for some time. Unfortunately skill on a gamepad does not translate to skill on mouse and keyboard. I've never been exclusive to consoles or PC so I'm fairly proficient with both input devices, and I find mouse and keyboard to be far superior when playing a fps seriously. That being said I'll still play some games like far cry 3 with a gamepad every now and then. If the fps requires twitch movements though it is mouse and keyboard all the way for me. I would like to see someone play quakelive with a gamepad 

As stated above, patience is key. It took me a few weeks to get used to playing Battlefield 3 with keyboard and mouse.

Could part of my problem be that I bought the wrong mouse for me?

Possibly. I went from this mouse:

to this mouse:

The changes were like night and day. It felt like trading in my everyday driver (if I had one, lol) for a brand new Audi S7. It took me a few hours to adjust, but after some tweaking, I was back on the battlefield handing out MedKits, revives, and headshots with more precision than ever.

Look, I think its great that you are trying to get into pc gaming, but why would you buy a great pc and not even know the basics of pc gaming? It would be like buying a Ferrari and not knowing how to drive. You will eventually get used the mouse and keyboard, I've used it all my life so I guess its second nature to me. But if you know how to type then I'm pretty sure you will be fine. Also "I bought a GTX 780 for the best graphics, and I find a game is just a game." I found that to be a bit cringe worthy. A graphics card will allow you to push the games settings further than a lower end card, but if you have lets say a 780 and a 750 and you put the games setting to medium, they will look exactly the same... The only difference would be a higher frame rate on the 780. Anyways best of luck, I'm sure if you practice a bit more you will get used to it. Btw don't blame the device, blame the user ;)

Could part of my problem be that I bought the wrong mouse for me? It's the AZIO GM8200

The problem is in between of keyboard and chair.

Everyone's different learner but there's one rule that applies to everyone: no effort, no results.

I take it very seriously, actually, considering the blood and sweat that has gone into my computer. 

Srs Bsns.

For comfort I would suggest getting wrist wrests for mouse and keyboard. If haven't already buy a cherry mx red keyboard. They are light and easy on hands and are great for gaming. Try an xbox 360 controller it works on every game I've tried. Look into some common controls like wasd for movement r for reload v for view in some games q and e switch weapons . Good luck!

Thank you for all of your inputs and feedback, it makes me want to continue trying, to keep at it. Your statements have helped and I'm glad to see no one that responded was a pretentious loser.

So you guys know, I do not have 10 years of gaming experience, not even 5 years. I had 1 year or almost 1 year on PS2, then seeing the newer games I was missing I went to 360 and played on that for 2 years, and this year I starting buying PC hardware month by month until I had enough to make a system.

One thing I am starting to see the benefit of with PC in first person games is rotating left and right. After only 2 weeks I have been slightly increasing mouse sensitivity for quicker turns. I think the reason for why WASD is proving difficult is with the analog joystick is the fact that it's only one thumb and never have to lift your thumb off for going forward, back, to the side. And also because of the 360 controller having a physical trigger as opposed to being just another button or key, you can physically feel if your finger is on the trigger or not, nothing to look at. I think I will also try different keyboard configurations. I'm using a membrane Raptor LK1

I will try to stay calm, keep my patience, and practice more. I only play campaign exclusively as I have come to view multiplayer as an exercise in futility. So I will will continue practising in single player. I only have Call of Duty 2 and Medal of Honor 2010 right now but will have more money as the months go on. I did receive a suggestion to try Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 to see if that can get me into multiplayer but I don't have money for it for a few weeks.

If anyone has the patience to play Medal Of Honor multiplayer with someone brand new I am open to trying it.

Could that Logitech mouse help give me more of a controller feel for thumb buttons?

I bought this last week

1. Breathe and relax 

2. Make yourself some nice coffee and lets get to business

3.GIT GUD

But in all seriousness think of the time when you first picked up a controller and found it quite cumbersome until you found out what the thumbsticks were meant for. Now think of your mouse as what Logan would say holding the back of the person's head and moving it the hell around. With a mouse it takes tracking and lower sensitivity for more accuracy. Now time for the important bit, it is more superior in terms of Price to performance in relation to its target audience. You build/buy a PC as an all around super device for your home or office if your just gaming then you've already failed in the master race. Consoles are one use over priced gaming platforms for casual audiences. Using a controller in a shooter of any kind is absolutely stupid because with a controller your character must rely on gradual movements of your thumbs whilst on Moue and keyboard it takes the entire functioning arm to control one's sight. If your on console and play FPS games and say that your competitive then go rot in my father's anus because that's simply because the mainstream culture found in the console market is what blinds people into fanboyism and that brings upon the hive mentality of the human mind. The hardware found in the "next gen consoles" is actually sizeable on paper but wasted on ROMS, cross platform optimization, and audience that doesn't know the difference between a monitor and computer, and horrible SKU classification. The PC has a low risk and ridiculously high reward curve to its anatomy. The reason why you see people with really expensive systems is because they do more than game with other activities such as:music creation, video editing, rendering, 3d work, and many other things that contribute to the electronics industry. You're just blinded by simplicity which makes people assume that your a simpleton drowning in a sea of anti-intellectuals(no I didn't call you stupid, calm down). Plus being negative in an overly positive environment is just a sin in my book. Think of all the other games you can spend money on such as indie titles, adventure games, horror games, point and clicks, simulators, etc. all for under $20 bucks on average. You're not helping yourself by staying so close minded, add some friends on steam, contribute to the forum, practice with muscle memory(Rome wasn't built in a day), have more fun, expand your horizons, just take risks and enjoy what an amazingly expandable platform that your sitting upon.

no one said it was the EASY PC master race

I don't know about that. I still pick up an N64 Controller and find it to be the most uncomfortable thing ever.

Practice practice practice. I remember when I started playing Age of Empires 3 several years ago. Started by using nothing but the mouse, then slowly moved up to using the keyboard to control different things, which usually resulted in extreme finger pains after a few games. I eventually got to the point where I was able to do crazy amounts of APM and use more than half the keyboard without looking at it, (I actually learned that before I learned how to type without looking at the keyboard)

I only play first person games because I find others seems to be intellectually mundane. Horror, adventure games, third person, none of them appeal to me. I've studied real world military strategies like how General Petraeus succeeded in Iraq, what General McChrystal did wrong in Afghanistan, I've gone through Sun Tzu's Art of War, looked at technical advancements in weaponry and the breakdown of its internal mechanics.

That's my one disappointment is can't implement some of those longer strategies into a video game over the coarse of several levels so I take the best a game can offer for an immersive experience. It's in my nature to have long term strategies and deal with things accordingly, so fps is the only thing I play

Gotta practice man, any first person game worse to practice in. For turning left to right it can depend on how fast you move your wrist. Also you need to have a comfy mouse, everyone's definition of comfy is different so keep that in mind.  Maybe see if you can download the shareware of quake and try the dark places engine version of it, its a twitch shooter so you have to turn fast, that could help ya and its free. 

Yeah, I think it does. It definitely helps alleviate the "oh shit, I hit the wrong keys on my keyboard" moments. I bind as many of my action keys to the thumb buttons as I can. Then I solely use my keyboard for movement. It takes a little time to get used to it, but after a couple of days, I found it to be money well spent.

The best way to get used to the keyboard and mouse is to keep playing with them. When I first playing shooters games on PC in '99, I had a large amount of issues due to having a bad PC and being used to playing games like goldeneye on N64. After 6 months to a year, I was much more adept at using them. When you first use a controller you might find the buttons easy, but you still have the issues with knowing what to press and when. It is just part of the learning curve. After years I was good enough at using keyboard and mouse to play well enough to compete at a professional level in games like Counter-Strike. It really just takes time, and maybe having friends who can give you tips. If you want help with shooter games, you can try Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. It has a very active and fun community. The learning curve is higher which will drive you to get better. My best friend started playing about 2 weeks ago, and is able to play competitive matches with me and my buddies, and stay around even score most of the time. 

tl;dr JUST KEEP PLAYING IT TAKES TIME!