Return to Level1Techs.com

Badge Recommendation Post

mega_thread

making a video of you and sharing it badge? like showing off something, a guide, or what ever. something like a film roll and how many clicks it gets is the bronze silver gold teirs.

1 Like

You mean a film reel?

0 Likes

well ‘reel’ and ‘roll’ is up for discussion later.
but yeah basically

0 Likes

Or a YouTube logo

0 Likes

i wanted to avoid the youtube monster as a badge cause there are alot who use other ways to share videos

0 Likes

Its still the easiest and the one that will get most views

Its the defacto platform

0 Likes

ok we’ll leave this here but ok

1 Like

saw the thread Forum Update 0x00: init 6
and thought to myself, why not combine wargames and badges? winner of say “the winner of the L1T 1rst csgo competition” or whatever gets a themed badge with the game they won as the prize. it would be a bit of work to make the various badges but the one time opportunity to get that permanent unique badge would be pretty nice incentive for the wargames. maybe a silver /gold/bronze version for the 1rst/second/third place wining players/teams. idk abotu making titles as say “bronze winner of the 582nd L1T overwatch championship” is a bit of a mouthful.

thoughts?

1 Like

It sounds great. what I was reading from ya. If if you want see my posts guidelines and prepare them to be made… i.e grab the stuff needed to make a badge and it can be decided on

0 Likes

Great idea!

This is one of the things I’d love to do. Back when we did the get motivated threads, we did some badges, I believe. We can absolutely do badges for community events!

1 Like

what the badges would be depends on what games are played in wargames. be it computer, console, D&D, whatever. like csgo could be a 8 bit global elite badge in the 3 colors.

i figure makingit 8 bit would be transformative enough to get around a valve cease and desist or takedown or whatever

1 Like

Yeah. Well how about a CSGO one just to test. I actually have never played CSGO im more of a civ fan… but I might get the game soon. Testing the waters is key

1 Like

If we want to have a tourney, we should do it and test it out.

I’d say we do a bronze silver gold on that. I’m not a fan of participation trophies for competitions, so if we do a tourney, I’d say no participation badge, but for something like a get motivated challenge or whatever, a participation badge sounds good to me.

0 Likes

idk about that bronze color im kinda bad at gimp. i think this is 16 bit not 8 as 8 looked kinda bad with how low res the images are. someone better at art pls
gold%20global redish%20bronze%20global silver%20global

0 Likes

If you make them purely grayscale discourse can color them the rest of the way

1 Like

speaking french to me

0 Likes

I should be able to flatten the color out of it.

1 Like

Oh I was about to download them and grayscale them but heck im lazy you do it :rofl:

0 Likes

As your Administrator, I strongly recommend that you do it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

feels strong armed

ADMEEEN ABOOOSE!! :rofl:

Lol not tonight im exhausted

1 Like