AX370 gaming K7 momentary freezes

I have a 1800x and AX370 gaming K7 here that freezes with anyload but doesn’t crash, it screen freezes but work is being done and will unfreeze seconds later when its done rendering
there is no crash so no bsod or mobo codes
I can’t seem to get a clear answer, I’m at stock clocks and voltages
bios f22
xmp 3000 b-die but I’ve underclocked the ram and still no help
I’ve heard it might be some kind of hardware interrupt but how do I find what’s causing it

temps are fine

Possibly seg fault issue.

how do I test that

I believe Phoronix has a test for it. Seg Faults were big in the earlier production Ryzen chips. https://www.phoronix.com/. You may also want to pull ram out to test.

these guys can code something but hell if they can explain how to run the shit

okay I got the program to run
does this mean press control C or what
I got this error when I did but Idk
am I supposed to just leave it running and not hit crtl c?

Nuked os and I haven’t touched it besides cinebench, no drivers and no freezing so it WAS a driver conflict causing a interrupt
Qeustion is, what driver

How? All I get is “error: missing files”

You have to download visual studio and install c library and the .net library then on the start menu type in x64 Native Tools Command Prompt, ru. It change file location to where the run and build files are by typing CD (file path) then drag build over to it, enter, wait drag run over enter and wait for it to crash, if it does within minutes it’s defected, if it doesn’t do it within the hour you’re good
DQgtMqE_d

1 Like

Where you able to find the driver causing the issue?

Not yet, as I haven’t reproduced it since the new OS, probably remains from an outdated driver, I still gotta install this WiFi card though, it’ll have to wait since I’m working on a custom loop (AND trying to beat god of war)

What display driver (and gpu) are you using?

I had screen freeze issues with an older Radeon Driver.
As an aside this is very unlikely to have anything to do with the seg fault cache corruption problem.

Also have a look at windows Event Viewer and post some screenshots of what events are occurring around the time of freezes or scary looking events in general. Also look for anything mentioning a ACPI/ UEFI bug workaround.

It was an Nvidia driver and a 1070 but it could have been leftovers from an older one, I nuked the os but I’ll look at the event viewer if it happens again