Aviary, a free web based image software

Okay, ultracombo's post reminded me that I had gotten this e-mail a couple days ago. I'll just quote the whole e-mail since there's no real point in explaining it any further. I've yet to take the time to look through a lot of it but I've heard good things from at least one friend, she really enjoyed it.

[quote]Hi Merksy

I almost never send out these emails, but I wanted to let you know about something huge that's going on at Worth1000 now. As you might already know, Worth1000.com is a contest site primarily dedicated to "Photoshopping" images.

Over the 7 years since Worth1000 launched, I have been asked by thousands of people who viewed our Photoshop contests: How do I make images like the amazing Worth1000 entries?

Most were asking because traditional desktop software was simply too expensive or hard to learn. Seriously, $2,000 for editing tools?! It was time for a change. I decided it was my responsibility to the awesome design community at Worth1000 to be the one to do it.

So, I created Aviary.com

Aviary, is a suite of free design tools. Now anyone with internet access can use them without installing anything. You just need to visit Aviary and you're all set.

Aviary should be enough for anyone to get started making some really amazing images (and other types of media). Aviary also allows you to share and work on files with other people in the Aviary community, which makes it even easier to learn.

So far we have released 4 applications into public beta, with many more planned:

- Phoenix: a layer-based image editor (similar to Adobe Photoshop / Gimp)

- Raven: a vector editor (useful for logos / and clothing design)

- Toucan: a color editor

- Peacock: an effects editor

We even created an entire free education center where people can learn how to make awesome effects!

If you enjoyed Worth1000.com, I hope you'll also take the time to try out Aviary.com

At the very least, I encourage you to let anyone interested in image editing to know about it. Feel free to forward this email to a friend.

The more people that try out our software, the less big corporations will be able to charge to use their software! In a time. when every penny counts, this is vitally important to keeping art software affordable for artists of all ages. Together, we can make a difference.

Here's a special page for Worth1000 users only:

http://www.aviary.com/home?worth1000

Sincerely,

Avi Muchnick

Creator of Worth1000.com[/quote]