L1's Garage

I want the aluminum block. Really I only need the short block, but id like all the accessories and brackets. Going to be rebuilt and used in the boat.

1 Like
1 Like

The car can actually stop now.

3 Likes

Nice! Most my cars have slightly warped rotors with a bit of a spongy feel, and it really helps me appreciate good brakes haha.

One rotor looked like a sponge, it was pitted pretty badly.
Another rotor had more grooves than the 1970’s.
Third wheel had one of the pads grenade at some point, half the pad material came off the backing and was floating in the breeze.
Last wheel was actually okay.

Our best guess is that at least three of the rotors might have been original to the car and the front calipers were either original or replaced a very long time ago.

3 Likes

Thanks for the laugh, that was great!

I’m glad you got them all dialed in. What are you plans for it anyway? I remember you mentioned making it a weekend car. You mean like a track car?

1 Like

I was, but I think I’m just going to sell it now. It’s rusting more than I thought and I don’t have the resources to fix that at the moment.

I’d love to keep it, but New England Winters are hard on cars.

Ah, that makes sense. Sounds like a bummer though.

Started soldering my new radio harness together

But I don’t have all the parts (parking switch bypass). I’ll be happy to finally have a nav in dash. I picked up a jvc head unit with Android auto.

2 Likes

got this over the winter, and now it’s state inspection time for me! Local automotive windshield guys managed to take over 1/3 of the price off of Safelite, so that’s nice.

1 Like

Do they know you’re a fox loli? Iwoulc have charged extra.

4 Likes

shhhhhhhh i’m in disguise.

1 Like

Very nice job. It makes me happy to see a tidy and clean job vs the electrical tape mess. Did you leave the wires long to make install/removel easier?

That’s cool that he gave you a good deal. I’m often crying about how Idaho sucks for car enthusiasts, but not having to deal with inspections is very nice (no emissions for my particular county either).

1 Like

I feel like moving to Kentucky since I found out that there are quite a few states that don’t have state inspections or emissions inspections. Having to appease the Health and Safety officers and the EPA once a year just really pisses me off somehow. Damned communists.

4 Likes

Yeah. I have plans for swapping a larger engine into a small hatchback I have, but if I had to deal with emissions I probably couldn’t do it. It would definitely be inconvenient as well.

I can probably thank the farmers with their old trucks that are held together with duct tape & baling twine for the lack of emissions here.

1 Like

haha that’s exactly what I said when I got my smog letter last week. I now have to go through the trouble of un-megasquirting my Miata so I can get it down to inspection where they’ll pull the car apart, verify my CARB EO numbers and make sure the car is running flawlessly.

It will probably fail because my stock ECU is broken and idles at 1500RPM, but the megasquirt works just fine and the emissions are just as good as stock. The problem is that as soon as they see the black ECU casing or the MAP line, they’ll hit me with a fat F.

Long story short, fuck California.

3 Likes

I could have shortened it up some but I haven’t pulled my old unit so I’ll leave it as it.

1 Like

Apprently two of the three brake lights in the new car are out.

Maybe by the time I die I’ll go a month without having to repairs or maintenance on a car.

3 Likes

'tis the woe of a car enthusiast/DIYer. You fix something and all of a sudden everything else starts falling off the car.

Need to cinch down the oil pan again, perhaps. there is a leak, but it is single drips over the course of days and days.

1 Like