L1's Garage

How is electricity produced in Norway? What is the cost per Kw/hr?

It’s roughly 0,04$/kWh, on top of that comes a yearly fee of roughly 300$ and another 0,04$/kWh to cover power-line costs and taxes.

96% of our power generation comes from hydropower.

3 Likes

Don’t be sad, she’s moved on to the great freeway in the sky.

2 Likes

WTF!? we have about 0.30/kWh in Commiefornia.

1 Like

Well, our gasoline cost $2 per liter ($7,6/gallon)

220px-Napier_Deltic_Animation

This is nonsense.

2 Likes

Alright, I’ll take the electric bill over the gas bill.

What is this and how do I put this in my car?

1 Like

From what I can find it is a triangle engine. Opposed piston design as shown. These are massive and used in certain trains making a couple thousand horsepower. Two stroke diesel. Complete nonsense.

Rookie Federico Sceriffo’s drift Ferrari 599GTB just caught on fire at FD:LB! Live no less, holly crap:

Hmm, they’re claming to have a new “flexible solid-state battery”.
They also said “Fisker Inc.’s Scientists File Patents on Superior Energy Density Tech, Shattering Conventional Thoughts on EV Range and Charge Times”.
Cool stuff, I hope it’s true.

The car’s proportions look off to me.

That’s a bummer. I was looking forward to hearing more about it.

Are you going to pick up another project, or maybe modify the Impreza?

1 Like

No projects any time soon, other hobbies have taken over.

1 Like

Ah, I know how that goes.

I noticed with ford trucks 2004, that the bedsides became taller. I owned a 2003 and 2004 at the same time and wanted to swap the tailgate, it doesn’t interchange. Since then i’ve noticed a taller side compared to top on most vehicles. Some are overdone. It may have something to do with the increasingly taller tires too…

I like it when the sides are taller (looks more aerodynamic on cars, and tough on a truck IMO)

I also like large wheels (larger = more rubber contact)

I think my problem with it is the lines are all wavy, and the car is extremely bubbly. The cabin almost seems like it sticks out rather than being nicely integrated. The front grill looks like an AutoZone stick on vent. Really the whole front looks like it’s trying to be too many things at once.
I do really like the back though.

/Opinions

Getting more than mildly discouraged with the Miata build. Spent most of yesterday installing a wideband and the output in the ecu does not match that of the Gauge.

Not not only that, but I can’t get this base map driveable for the life of me. Working on it was fun in the beginning, but now it’s just a chore because I really want to be driving it today. :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, builds always seem to get very frustrating. When I did the T5 & manual swap in my Volvo the car was stuck in limp mode, and after a couple of weeks of troubleshooting I ended up garaging it. I figured it out 3 or 4 months later.
Anyway, try not to get too discouraged I’m sure you’ll figure it out.

The wideband seems like an easy to fix, just put in another O2 sensor.
Now as for the base map, what is it doing? Is it trying to start?

1 Like

It’s an aem uego wideband, the sensor plugs into the Gauge and then the Gauge outputs the 0-5v signal to the ecu. I don’t know if it was calibrated correctly in the ecu. The Gauge will read 12.4 and the ecu thinks it’s 13.2 or so. So it’s off by enough to make me nervous.

So I’ve gotten it to start and closed loop idle is working decently. I’ve set the timing offset and whatnot. The problem is that it’s waay off on that afr target tables (even after data logging and using ve analyze) I’m targeting 13.4 afr at idle and its closer to 10.2 on the Gauge. The ecu thinks it’s low 12s so I would imagine that after the analysis, it would improve.

I wonder if I’ve got the injectors improperly configured. I have a 94 Miata and I’m fairly certain the injectors are stock, so they’re 254cc. I used the calculator with 1796cc (110 cu in) displacement 4cyl to set up the injectors.

The Porsche 919 just beat the F1 record laptime on Spa-Francorchamps after removing the stupid FIA limitations on the car.
Gotta love the LMP cars, sad to see that FIA ruined it with just Toyota remaining.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that imply that somebody put smaller injectors in (not getting enough fuel)? Doesn’t seem very likely.
I don’t know anything about Megasquirts. Is calibrating it something you can do?
Do you think the gauge could be malfunctioning (messing with the signal)?