L1's Garage

How about a toyota hilux? Would be good for horses and stuff.

But diesel is more efficient than gas!?

/s

i thought there was more energy in gasoline… diesels are only more efficient because of the higher compression ratios

right?

No there’s more energy in diesel.
And diesel engines generally have higher thermal efficiency.

1 Like

Yes, but it’s got significantly more emissions than gas.

#volkswagen

1 Like

LIES, muh diesel runs clean.

3 Likes

Nice diesel passat

I do love diesels tho, have you tried that 380HP BMW diesel engine in the M550D, what a beauty to drive.

Diesel pickups arent really an option unfortunatlly.
Allthough they would be great for my Horse trailer.
But the problem is roadtax for diesel vehicles which is based on weight of the car.
For something like a pickup thar weight about 2300Kg,
we will have to pay arround 300 to 350 euro a month just for roadtax alone.

That is just the problem with diesel cars in general.
You pay about double and more on montly roadtax for a diesel car compaired to petrol.

Ouch, RIP diesel pickup.

1 Like

wat

That’s a bit… excessive.

1 Like

Yep a pickup with a V8 on LPG is a better option.
Allthough not very cheap on roadtax either.

Have you considered something like a Citroen Berlingo or other types of postman pat cars? They are underated for all-purpose cars.

Well basiclly i use my dads Merc for towing the Horse trailer which is fine.
But i’m just looking for a reliable and cool car for myself.
Because wenn i get a job i will need my own car.

Yeah, he’s a psycho. That was the first time he drove it in months because he usually puts it away for winter and gets a ride from a friend, but that friend was “sick” that day and not driving to school. Top was down because he was either leaving too late to have the time to put it back up, or he was in the process of replacing the raggedy soft top with a new one and had the old one off already. I forget the time frame this happened in.

1 Like

Yeah roadtaxes on Diesel cars is rediculous uphere.

For example.

Alfa romeo Giullietta Hatchback with a petrol engine costs about 55 euro’s a month for roadtax.
But exact the same Giulietta in a Diesel version will cost me 115 to 120 euro a month for roadtax.

If you’re looking for a job (esp. a first job), reliability should be the first and foremost priority, looks near the bottom. In my previous job we fired somebody because they seemingly could never make it to their shift in time, if at all. We could only shuffle the schedule so many times to accommodate.

I also think it’s nice to start out with something a little older or slower because I think it makes people value their later cars more. But that’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

Yeah i was kinda concidering a Diesel hatchback that isnt too heavy.
Something like a Fiat Grande Punto 1.3jtdm or Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci from 2006.
However those downsized little diesel engines dont seem to be all that reliable from what i read.

I was also concidering a Ford Focus MK2 diesel.
But the problem is that most Focusses come with the 1.6Tdci engine.
And that engine is a pile of garbage, really troublesome from what i read.

IMO look for a small car about 10 years old, that will give the most bang for the buck.

3 Likes

Thats very true. :slight_smile: