L1's Garage

Fixed my brakes, woo.

Turns out a previous repair was done improperly and everything was buggered up. $100 and a remanufactured caliper later and my car actually drives almost like it’s supposed to.

1 Like

I want a sport bike so bad but live in Los Angeles, my lifespan would be very short if I got one.

Got some goodies for myself and a friend, swap time coming.

6 Likes

I don’t know much about Toyota, but do those have 5 valve per cylinder?

1 Like

4 per cylinder, the OEM twins will be removed for a single. Planning to use Greddy EMU (already did on the NA setup and have one on my truck) so nice OEM tune, no CEL, good cold start etc. Already have an upgraded fuel pump from when I boosted the OEM NA setup, but need to install a return setup now. Have a top feed conversion fuel rail with 1000cc injectors on the way. Need to refresh some things, need a flywheel, clutch and some other odds and ends.

1 Like

Ah it kinda looked like the 4A-GE, but after a little research, I see they came in quite a few configurations, not just with 5 valve per cylinder.

Your going SOHC, and NA?

My question about every Toyota I see now. lul

1 Like

These are 2jz-gte engines (3.0 6cyl twin turbo), essentially the same thing that came in the MK4 Supra (except VVTi until the last year or so). Keeping the valves, cams etc stock, bought it mostly because its coming from Toyota built for boost, the blocks are solid, has oil squarters, front facing intake manifold etc. Looking forward to boosting without fear every single time that something on a weaker NA block is going to go snap crackle bang. Hard to know how hard a life these motors have had, but anticipating the OE stoutness of GTEs are still applicable here.

1 Like

Oh, I just reread that post. I don’t know how I misread that so badly. Your swapping out the twin turbo for a single, got it lol. Anyway, very cool. What are you putting them in?

IS300, drop in and and somewhat PNP. LS V8 swaps have become all the rage but I’m aiming to be as drop-in and PNP as possible, and use the OEM IS300 2jzge ECU with piggy to keep the manners (and OBDII check) daily drivable.

Oh a Lexus nice! Reminds me of this video.

FYI rap music in the background.

You going for something like it (maybe a bit cleaner)?

That is NA-T, that is GE naturally aspirated block. My IS300 will be manual, and with the GTE, top and bottom GTE, stouter, better pipe routing. My IS300 came manual but the OEM W55 is pretty week, upgrading it to an AR5. So something more like this I guess (minus driving it into stuff hopefully).

I would like to grab some is250 plastic engine covers and what not to make it as stealth as possible, and installing a cat, and recirc the wastegate, possibly the BOV as well. The cops in SoCal just love targetting sport compact cars, I have to be modest on the bling and “tuner” sounds.

Ya know how I said Bob Sharp Racing was a mile away? I had to pass a Jag / Rambler dealer to get there.
I had never seen one of these sweet coupes before.

owner > 'It’s not an expensive car but I still get nervous of it taking damage while driving it. I don’t know how these guys with million dollar cars handle the stress."

Jay Leno > ‘I gotta admit, it ain’t bad.’

1 Like

Right in time with the latest Grand Tour episode “Jaaaaaaaags.” They had one very similar to that one along with a few others. The difference was these ones were trashed in the typical fashion of those 3.

Holly God!

2 Likes

IMO a V8 swap in that car takes away a lot of it’s special sauce.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Is this the new Bat Mobile!?

Not usually a fan of these, but damn, that’s got to be quick!

What’s your budget? And what country?