L1's Garage

Very fair point, but that’s in my remote app.

1 Like

HAHAHAAHA wow
Maybe GM sold add space and Shell was like fuck it they prob still have a gas car too

1 Like

Yeah. Honestly, pretty much every would need a gas car with an EV unless they never go on trips. I just thought it was funny.

1 Like

I mean if you ball hard and have the higher tier battery tesla’s and dont mind waiting like 15-30min at a supercharger you could do it

2 Likes

I would buy an EV that could do 450-600 km on a charge if i could afford it. No question.

Why?

No more gas stations. Go home, plug in, forget about it. I forget to plug in, 600km would get me up to a week of commute.

The convenience of “filling from home” rather than waiting in line at the gas station is enough to have me sold on the idea.

2 Likes

The way BMW handle this, is if you buy an EV and need to go on a trip, they loan you a 3 series for the week/weekend/etc. while you drop yours off for maintenance/safekeeping/whatever.

Even if you have to maintain a gas car for those rare trips (or hell, just because you like the noise of an angry v8 - or, like mine, because its a ute and can carry stuff that something like a model 3 can’t) an EV for city commute would likely pay for itself inside of 5 years for me in saved fuel costs alone.

I do plan to get a model 3 in addition to my ute, when i can afford one.

1 Like

If I buy a BMW, I wouldn’t want a Honda as a loaner lol

2 Likes

Craziness!

Man, I’ve gotten sucked into YT watching sleepers vs super cars, and now I really want to build a sleeper. lol

3 Likes

A woman bought a VW Beetle new in 1967 and drove it for 450,000 miles. She wrote to VW to tell them how much she loved her car that she named Annie. VW had her car shipped to the Mexican factory where they restored the Bug to better than new for free. Watch her get her new/old car.

2 Likes

Jesus. No matter how many times I put my car up on ramps, shits still nerve wracking. Also did it in reverse since I am putting the stock exhaust back in. Needed the rear lifted.

3 Likes

Yeah, especially if you don’t have a spotter.
What are you putting the stock exhaust on for?

Yeah, when I’m lifting cars, I always have a spotter. Especially if I’m going for max.

2 Likes

Sisters going to buy my Sonic off of me and I am going to upgrade to a 2018 Colorado lol.
Jesus its so quiet, is it even on!?

GROSS SHES ALL STOCK AND SHIT

Decided to knock off a bit of rust, this exhaust was nice and shiny at one point.

2 Likes

oh yeah… I drove my grand am right over once. Bad times.

I did the same to my sister’s Pontiac G6.
I didn’t want to change her oil anymore.
Maybe it’s just a pontiac issue .

1 Like

I haven’t owned a car that can drive up ramps without blocks of wood, etc. for clearance, for about 15-16 years :smiley:

3 Likes

Well then… I forgot how responsive my Sonic is with the stock exhaust. Well, I definitely need to do it right next time I do any intake/exhaust bolt-ons and make sure it’s tuned or at least fuel map corrected a buddy told me.

The Benz, Audi and Miata are all in the just barely high enough category.

I need to reverse-crab-walk up my own driveway in the ute. And it still scrapes occasionally.

it’s not the lowest car i’ve owned, but it is LONG wheelbase and has a lot of distance front to back, and the exhaust on it is fucking huge and hangs down a lot.

Seriously considering air bags.