L1's Garage

Hmm. More potential beyond some ridiculous level for a street car (a Z32 modified will get 500-700 wheel horsepower just fine). I.e., that’s not the big issue.

But mostly just so much easier to work on and less complex to maintain… 2 cams instead of 4 (cheaper, less work), more engine bay space, sounds better, etc…

1 Like

Looks better too, but that’s much more subjective. Well, a gen 4

A big plus with a Supra in compairisson to a Skyline or S15 Spec R,
is that a Supra is actually also made as LHD.
On which those particular Nissans arent.
Still its not really that difficult to drive RHD, but still.

The only downside is that a LHD Supra is allot more expensive then a RHD one.
And the same counts for a manual vs auto.

Yeah, i can understand that, personally i think the Z32 has aged better and looks more aggressive though.

But give it another 10-20 years and the Supra will probably be more of a classic shape - rounded like an e type jag, etc.

I’m in a RHD country, so this isn’t a big deal for me :smiley:

S15 is a bit of a different category of car. To be honest, probably more of a sports car, whereas the Z and Supra (especially JZA80 and Z32 onwards) are over-powered GT cars.

The S1x are so much lighter, smaller and more nimble.

What i’d really like is a 240Z in good shape. But they’re like rockinghorse shit now. Pretty sure they’re just on or under 1000kg. Which is about 2/3 the weight of a Z32. Even lighter than an S13.

1 Like

So, got the stereo in.

Highly rate the audison gear so far. The component speakers are in the factory locations behind the factory grilles, the amp is under the passenger seat and the sub box is behind the drivers seat.

From the outside you can’t see any of it, so that’s good. From the inside the only thing you can see, if you look for it is the sub box behind the driver seat.

Spent a fair bit of time playing with time correction, sub phasing and crossover level but think i’ve got it pretty sorted now.

Basically the setup now is a 500 watt amp, pair of 100 watt components and a 200 watt sub. Plenty for a small ute cabin :slight_smile:

Careful, that channel’s a goddamn time sink.

1 Like

This is madness.

Too bad it’s really not making impressive power numbers. IIRC you can get that out of 2 rotor engine relatively easily.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqzovpygxKf/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=2vnrsvrqk2fg

I know of people running NA 4 rotors making 1200hp.

Definitely not an impressive power number.

1 Like

No, but it has a redundant array of expensive apex seals.

Yearly reminder that polishing is only something you should to to fix scratches in your clear coat.

An update on my 2003 Sunfire that I posted about a bit ago. It was the coil pack sensor and the spark plugs were toast.

3 Likes

Fixed now?

1 Like

It is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Got the prime parking outside work this morning :smiley:

Just down the stairs and first spot on the left :smiley:

3 Likes

Not the easiest thing to follow if you’re not super privy to the terminology being used but a super interesting watch, nonetheless. Manufacturers cutting cars left and right lately lead me to look into things a bit.

1 Like

This car is massively pre-ordered in Norway

Super minor mod today- the OEM Tacoma windshield nozzles fire a solid stream (in hindsight maybe better at cutting through mud?) But a popular mod is to replace with adjustable Honda Odyssey nozzles that have a ‘better’ spray pattern.

After adjusting it’s nice, but doesn’t scratch the mod itch, want to do more today…

1 Like

Totally relevant. Gg GM… gg.

2 Likes

I mean if you are looking to buy one but cant afford it you get to see some gas savings.

1 Like