L1's Garage

x2, used to like top gear long long ago, now that I can stream it I never do, I find myself watching youtube peeps instead.

1 Like

Maybe a US native thing.

Shame. He’s well spoken and definitely knows what he’s talking about. His priorities in a car are pretty well aligned with mine too.

Yeah, to me it sounds like all he’s doing is talking out his ass and reading out of Motor Trend from 1989.

Oh, I enjoyed the grand tour. Not because of them talking about cars, but the stupid shit they did with them.

Can’t watch Top Gear. US or UK version.

He used to be a journo for EVO magazine, since a long, long time ago.

i found a website that equates various cars to waifus.

REEEE

Edit: i think it’s some kind of game

2 Likes

It does appear to be a game.

which waifu do you drive?

;o

2 Likes

can’t read the moon runes

2 Likes

google translate is your friend

I personally dont like the new formula of top gear really.
It just misses interactions and karma between the presenters.

1 Like

Which one we talking, UK? Is the is one ever a thing still? While the grand tour is scripted (im glad they dropped spme of the gags. like killing all the celebs) it still has some of the old banter. There are a couple episodes that are just great. last season thdy did a sorts of documentaries.

Changing James’ gear shifter to a dildo was one of my favorites.

1 Like

It was still technically a gear “knob”

Well, just scheduled an appointment for tire rotation and balancing. Ehhhh have not rotated once since I have been driving it for 12K miles.
Tread still look good. Not like my car has the power to shred the tires haaaa.

1 Like

5 Likes

Oh, is that the new Ascent?

That’s about right. I rotate mine every other oil change.

1 Like

Well shit, finally found where that very slight leak was coming from. Damn dealer mechanic didn’t find it the first time. Visited my sisters house, saw some coolant in her driveway.
Got home and saw a good amount developing drips on my transmission.
Found that it was the thermostat housing. There is a slight crack on the return line.

Click For image

Think I should just ghetto rig it and throw some JB weld on it. Or buy the replacement part for $20 and JB Weld that around the seams to make sure it wont happen in the future?

Too bad the housing is not made of aluminum.

EDIT:
Ahh, its $20, just going to order it

1 Like

So, just booked the ute in for

• Audison Prima 6.5” component speakers with tweeters in the dash
  • Focal compact 4 channel amplifier
  • Audison slimline subwoofer in ported Audison enclosure

To go with my Alpine iLX-702 head unit i put in a couple of months ago (highly rate this unit, does android car whatever and apple carplay).

Being a ute there is limited space… unless i was to be stupid and go full car audio competition car an fill the tray up.

But i just want to hear the full range of my music so that’s not going to happen :smiley:

1 Like