L1's Garage

What about a MX-5?

Cool fun car rwd, but not practical enough unfortunatlly.

Hmm, that is a problem. Mitsubishi Lancer?

Also, b/c I am excited to get this thing back on the road (Even though itll be at least another month for the title)
The bike is no longer red. I am pretty happy with it. She runs too. Off to inspection/shop (for some small things) early next week.

2 Likes

White on black looks soooo good!

My brother is building a Lotus 7 with an ex-racing MX-5 as the donor.
It took a while to get the Miata sorted.

me> “Now that the Miata is running, why would you take it apart to build a Lotus?”

Because it’s his dream car. But he’s still driving the Mazda more than his pickup truck.

1 Like

One of these? Crazy! Very cool.

2 Likes

I am pleased with it. Cheap ass Chinese fairings. Some issues, but they are minor. All in all, not too bad. The front wheel is a mess right now. The shop did’nt seat the bearings right. I can take them in and out by hand. Yea, that’s not right. lol. It is also flat despite having the tire put on last week. And the spacers aren’t right. Had to put some washers in. Im not happy with that but, the shop Ill be taking it to is a proper honda shop and should sort things away. The whole washers for spacers on the axel is spooky though. I really hope I didnt end up with a slight bend in my fork. I cant tell by looking at it anyways. That is the only major thing I need a shop to do. The rest of it is all sorted.

Did I ever post what the mechanical damage was? That was a bit interesting with parts of the clutch clean sheared off.

1 Like

I love Lotus so much. Maybe not the fastest things, but the ol’ Exige would very much be my dream car. I intend to get one in the not so distant future as prices drop. I hope they drop to be in the same league as current ‘not to bad’ Elise’s

2 Likes

I photoshopped the colors he wanted. The print is in his garage.
‘Eyes on the Prize’

1 Like

Unfortunatlly the Lancer can mainlly be found as a Wagon version uphere.
And that isnt really a car i’m looking for.
Allthough you could make those look cool.

This is your post about it.

I’m currentlly mostlly driving my dads car,
which is a Merc E-class.

Ah, right. I did post that. I’ve also got this pic that I took later. Not just the clutch cover. Ended up shearing a couple posts off of the inner clutch basket and sending shrapnel all over the place. Ruined the clutch pack and tore up the nut that held it all together pretty bad. The nut was a pain to get off, but otherwise, just a new clutch and cover was the damage to the engine anyways.

1 Like

I would like to see a pic when it’s done.

What?! I’m so jealous those are so hard to find here. I saw one ones, and drooled all over it.

1 Like

Yeah no evo’s obviouslly.
But mainlly 1.6 and 2.0´s.

They call the Lotus 7 ‘The 4-wheeled motorcycle’.
My master thesis was a structural analysis of the space frame.
I autocross race and one guy has a Lotus with a 10,000 RPM Toyota race motor in it.
The sound it makes is glorious.

1 Like

WTF, That’s crazy! How fast were you going when you hit/dog hit you?

Too bad I would kinda like to import an EVO wagon.

Toyota has some crazy engine designs. I think they have the 5 valve per cylinder engine.

Yup. This guy right here the Toyota 4AGE

1 Like

I was heading about 40ish mph. Keep in mind this is a big bike ~550lbs curb weight. Most “crotch rockets” we’ll call em, are more in the neighborhood of 350 - 450lbs. So when I hit the dog, I highsided the bike. That impact is what did everything. Although I did manage to slide uphill across traffic for a couple hundred feet too. That didnt do me any favors.

1 Like